So can we talk a minute about the Join Hits/Submits Data in NATS?

I have an open question here for everyone.

As I am sure most of you know, NATS presents to affiliates not only daily data on raw hits and unique hits, but also “Join Hits” and “Submits.”

What conclusions can or do you draw from the data for Join Hits and Submits? For example, what if you are sending lots of hits, but there are consistently no Submits? Or, what if you send a consistent number of hits, and these also consistently generate a few Join Hits and Submits?

Does this mean in certain circumstances it may be better to test a different landing page? I am supposing that this is open to similar testing that websites can do regarding tracking goals through funnels in Google Analytics.

So what is data from Join Hits and Submits telling us? I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Steve

Re: So can we talk a minute about the Join Hits/Submits Data in NATS?

When a surfer hits the ‘Join Page’ - this is the page with all the join options. eg.
http://www2.gaylifenetwork.com/signup/signup.php?step=2&nats=NC4zMy43LjcuMjEuMC4wLjAuMA&qualify=1&tpl=join3

Once they have filled all that information in, and ‘submit’ they are sent to the billers servers.

What you can draw from this is the surfer is hitting the join page, and then not getting any further. - maybe the join pages are bad? bad price points? There will most likely be a reason that there is no ‘submits’. On the other hand if you are making signups with this sponsor, and still seeing no ‘submits’ then there nats setup maybe wrong.

Rich

I think it’s hard to conclude anything from “join hits” as a lot of tours link blindly to the join page (our tours included). But you can compare your data across multiple sites and spot issues with submits, as long as your traffic source is the same.

It’s always interesting to see the difference in submit to sale ratio between TGP or Tube traffic and members area traffic. I’ve seen 1:10 ratio with free traffic, as where qualified traffic (ie: members area or ex-members) will to about 1:1.5

how many submits you get may depend on how a tour is linking to the join page. if they’re sending traffic to the join with links like “click to download all the videos”, or something more misleading, the surfers being unknowingly sent to the join page are going to be a lot less likely to want to submit. it could also indicate a misleading, confusing or poorly designed join page, or even a non-working join link.

So are there ever benefits to linking directly to the Join Page? As opposed to just throwing people to the front page/main tour? Has anyone A/B tested this?

Steve

[QUOTE=desslock;95637]So are there ever benefits to linking directly to the Join Page? As opposed to just throwing people to the front page/main tour? Has anyone A/B tested this?

Steve[/QUOTE]
I’d be interested in hearing the comments on that as well.

i never found it beneficial unless you host your own tour and link that to the join page, which some programs allow. i DID find it was often beneficial to have your own tour that you or your designer designed, but sending people to the join page wasn’t good for me without that. not all sites allow join page linking, but if a tour is REALLY bad, it might make sense to try direct to join page linking.

it would be more helpful if the program’s tour didn’t send people unknowingly to the join page. lots more submits that way, for one thing, and people weren’t sent to join who aren’t ready. also there are a couple programs that have their trailers on the join page, which is probably a great way to inflate join hits while not getting more sales or submits.