Smartphones and tablets accounted for 16% of clicks and 12% of spending

According to Marin Software (a leading management software company for advertising).
In the Q1 2012, they found in a recent study that smartphones and tablets accounted for 16% of clicks and 12% of spending.

Re: Smartphones and tablets accounted for 16% of clicks and 12% of spending

What does that mean then?

That people using mobile devices spend roughly the same amount of money as normal surfers?

Bjorn,

Awhile back you made a special version of your sites for mobile traffic… Any input as to how successful that has been and whether or not you have seen any differences in sales?

Sincerely,
Kevin.

But…

How much of that is through bundled app’s and services, rather than through actual mobile surfing?

I still think we’re missing out on a lot by not pushing it with mobile, but things are getting easier in that regard. When we have the ways and means to include internet TV in that too, things will get even better.

The first major studio to supply their streaming videos in a format my TV can recognize will have me as a paying member at least for as long as it takes the others to catch up, and I’ll be heavily promoting it too.

We desperately need a sponsor to push through this barrier and make their content available across all platforms from desktop to TV. And I mean that should have happened last year when internet TV sales showed a marked increase.

[QUOTE=mountequinox;119496]Bjorn,

Awhile back you made a special version of your sites for mobile traffic… Any input as to how successful that has been and whether or not you have seen any differences in sales?

Sincerely,
Kevin.[/QUOTE]

It’s going very well but not easy to put sales numbers on it because it has less opportunities to sell than the regular site. It does however sell and it’s used by a large amount of people, now accounting for 20-25% of all GayDemon users/traffic. It currently only has a mobile web site directory (which generates the sales) and erotic stories. I’ve not opened the tube or video section on it just yet, it’s ready to go live but I’ve yet to find a good way of protecting videos from hot linking due to the devil-incarnate Apple.

Anyway, all in all, I think it was time well spend and worked out very well. It’s all about providing a good experience when using GayDemon.com no matter what device you use.

last i heard there will be a major shift to tablet/mobile in the next 10 years