SegPay Affiliate Program Closed

It seems Segpay have closed their affiliate program without any notice to affiliates (and without any payouts). When trying to login it just says “Affiliate program is currently closed”. When using the old affiliate links they now stopped working and gives error “Forbidden - Program is now closed”.

Doing a search on Google a cached page that no longer show up says:

Important Notice. The Segpay Affiliate Program is in the process of being shut down. The official last day of this service will be May 1st 2024.

I think I know which studio you are talking about. When I tried to join its affiliate program, I asked if they had other affiliate programs, such as CCBILL, Nats and etc. But they said they only used Segpay. Now they have to switch to a new program.

It’s never good to have one biller with no cascade or anything like that. I don’t understand why a program would use only CCBill or SegPay

On February 10th, I became aware of SegPay’s announcement regarding the pending closure of their affiliate platform on May 1st.

I promptly reached out to Mitchel, a member of SegPay’s technical support team, seeking clarification. Unfortunately, his response lacked detail, merely stating the decision to close the platform. After further correspondence, Mitchel directed me to Elevated-X for affiliate payments, despite my lack of association with them. Upon contacting Elevated-X, Heather clarified the situation saying there was some confusion between SegPay and Elevated-X, confirming that SegPay will handle affiliate payouts. Heather provided me with contact information for Kristi at SegPay for payout inquiries. Despite reaching out to Kristi on the 13th, I have yet to receive a response. In a follow-up exchange with Mitchel, on the same day, he responded as follows “Sounds good, I will work on this with our Accounting Team and let you know when there is an update.”.

Notably, during these discussions, SegPay’s affiliate portal was still functioning.

On the 16th, the portal was updated to reflect closure. I immediately reached out to Mitchel and Heather at 1:30PM EST and have yet to receive a response.

I will provide further updates as they become available.

Kevin.

P.S. On a side note, Heather advised me to monitor the websites footers that I was promoting through SegPay, as they will be updated with a new affiliate platform. However, no specific timeline was provided.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. So what I take form it is that they have handled it very badly and seem to have no intention of paying. Very disappointing… and that’s a billing company.

So you think the sites we promote on there might move to a different affiliate program / biller?

Handled very poorly. The fact that they didn’t notify anyone speaks volumes.

I’m still hopeful we are getting paid… :crossed_fingers:

According to Elevated X they are going to update those sites with a different affiliate program. Just wasn’t given an ETA.

I do hope they move to another program, lets see.