Seeking some SEO/general site advice

I’m on the verge of giving up on BlokeToys.co.uk

A friend of mine passed it to me shortly after setting it up almost two years ago, and after 18 months I’m still not getting decent traffic on it. Total links in are 131,572.

Google traffic for the last six months as follows:
July - 912
June - 874
May - 967
April - 949
March - 702
Feb - 577

When I compare that to a blog that I really haven’t touched in that time (with 21,443 links in):
July - 2,387
June - 3,806
May - 1,815
April - 1,211
March - 764
Feb - 1,176

The main problem is that it uses the epages cart system, and I don’t think this helps. I’ve been looking for information on improving the site structure, on-page SEO, linking etc, but so far I’ve found nothing in-depth that actually helps. I’m aware of the basics, and that’s all I can find out there.
Design changes and product placement on the site is assisting in conversion ratio, almost up to .70, for a SME that’s perhaps a little below average, but as I said this is increasing.

If anyone has any ideas, or can find what it is that Google hates so much, I would really appreciate it. If I at least know what Google despises I can start to find a solution.

I think I’m giving it another few months, but if I don’t see organic traffic increasing I think I’ll have to close it down and focus on other projects. As it was my first true on-line business, I really don’t want to let it go :frowning:

Thanks for any help people, as always, much appreciated.