Scheduled Posts & 2.9

IF you schedule your posts, like I do, and IF you have upgraded to wordpress 2.9 you might want to keep checking your admin section, to insure the SCHEDULED POSTS ACTUALLY POSTED.

Seems there is a bug, that somehow forgets to update your scheduled posts, and you get a message, saying ‘missed schedule’ but it shows the post as being ‘published’ when it actually isn’t.

Wordpress 2.9.1 is supposed to fix that issue, and is out in Beta now.

Work around is to use the ‘quick edit’ and manually change from ‘schedule’ to ‘published’ and then click on ‘update post’ which then does actually publish the post.

Re: Scheduled Posts & 2.9

now see – we KNEW it’d have a bug or two! Thanks for pointing out one of them!

Yeah, but you know, if they’d have let the testing last more than a week, they should have caught that one. I mean, scheduling posts is not what I’d call a small feature.

Yet in reading some of those who work on WP, they are upset that anyone is questioning their work. :bang: From beta to stable release, was less than 2 weeks. No wonder major issues like post scheduling come up as buggered up. :grrr:

I’m glad I read your previous post about not rushing to upgrade.
I’ll wait for the new one to come out and wait a few days to update if you guys say it’s all okay.

When I uncheck comments on pages, it doesn’t say “comments closed” on the site like it used to and should. It still says “Leave a Comment” but at least does nothing when clicked. I wonder if this is from 2.9. I hope it is fixed by 2.9.1.

Strange, I have 2.9 on my blogs and it seems to work fine…

Have to make sure that when you check that, you are logged off as a user or admin. it’ll still show if are logged in as an admin, depending on the settings you set in the admin. lol

OK, thanks, will try that.

I’m always worried when a new update is out… there’s always something wrong… grrrr