Sales ratios on Free and AVS sites?

Just wondering what average sales ratios are for Free and AVS sites. Sales to sponsors advertised on them?

From the little I have tested (and this is stats for a very short period) I get an average ratio of 1 in 900.

Re: Sales ratios on Free and AVS sites?

It varies wildly with every sponsor, and also its seems with every webmaster. Some can sell a site really well and get better ratios, others cant sell the same site for anything.

AVS traffic will usually get much better ratios that free sites though.

AVS does, really? Do you mean for any sponsor advertised on there or for sales to the AVS program?

The ratio I mentioned is an average over all sites and all sponsors.

It does however from what I know see, require a large amount of visitors before a click on a sponsor is made.

[quote=marcjacob;18514]It varies wildly with every sponsor, and also its seems with every webmaster. Some can sell a site really well and get better ratios, others cant sell the same site for anything.

AVS traffic will usually get much better ratios that free sites though.[/quote]

Sorry Im not sure what you mean. I was talking about upselling to a sponsor. I dont look at the overall ratios will all sponsors. I just look at each site and try to break down by traffic type if its NATS or Mpa

[QUOTE=gaydemon;18515]AVS does, really? Do you mean for any sponsor advertised on there or for sales to the AVS program?

The ratio I mentioned is an average over all sites and all sponsors.

It does however from what I know see, require a large amount of visitors before a click on a sponsor is made.[/QUOTE]

AVS does better than free sites for sure, but there are pitfalls -

1. Most sponsors don’t allow you to remove the watermark, AVSes don’t want a watermark. So, you are stuck marketing a site with content that is not on the site.

2. The AVSes that you can actually get sales from are very picky about how aggressive you can be on a page with your advertising. Look at UGAS. One out going link per page below the galleries. Sure, you can convert the traffic at 1:100, but good luck getting 100 clicks!

3. Other AVSes can be REAL pricks. Have fun with Mancheck!

4. The days of dumping 5+ sites in an AVS are long gone unless you are actively making a decent amount of sales a month with each AVS. For example, Mansites and Sexkey have a 10% rule. If you have 100 sites, you need to make 10 sales a period to be listed. It’s a fair rule. But, at some point you may get 1,000 sites in there and be doing 50 new sales a pay period, but it’s still not enough.

AVS is great traffic. But, it’s very time consuming. You need to find the right balance with the content, making AEN sales, and playing by each AENs totally different rules.

Just when you think you got it down, Rob (UGAS) will drop you an email saying your templates are stale or you need BIGGER text on your join page (even though it totally breaks your design)…

It’s a game. Pretty much a full time one at that!

AEN conversions are better than free sites, for sure, but imho it’s much easier to make $$$ on free sites. Way more traffic and less idiotic rules that you have to keep on top of.

I’d say you’re in the range.

I did check my stats year-to-date for my super seller sponsor. Keep in mind that not all of my sales were from freesites, but most were.

I have sold 47 memberships (got only 17 rebills) and I sent them 40,603 clicks, so that works out to 1:863.

I did two rounds of freesites with about 6-8 freesites each. And each round was about two months apart.

Freesite traffic is more than double my conversion rate on my whole network of sites, so it is quite disappointing. But I have definitely had more success selling freesites than TGPs. I tend not to sell a whole lot of secondary sponsors on AVS sites.

Bjorn, the other thing I noticed about your template is that they’re designed for rapid consumption. There’s nothing stopping the surfer’s eye from just dropping through the lines of thumbnails quickly, clicking the ones they like and moving on (or I don’t think there was, I’ll have to take another look). So you may want to play with some different templates.

Are you trying a variety of sponsors in your test?

Cheers,
Michael

[QUOTE=gaydemon;18515]

It does however from what I know see, require a large amount of visitors before a click on a sponsor is made.[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head. Pretty much not worth creating AEN sites if you are just trying to upsell to a sponsor. Also, AENs have gotten smart and know what you are doing.

I disagree Lloyd, I still get nice sales with AVS traffic. I think you need to submit to all the link lists and mirror to all AVS’s but the sponsor sales come and with some sites doing better than 1:100 with that traffic its well worth a shot imo. I think most AVS webmasters do a mix of free and avs these days were as years ago AVS webmasters could just do AVS and not bother with much else.

thanks, thats some good info.

I kind of know what you mean with the templates. The problem is that using a database driven system for creating free sites does give you some slight issues. All data is stored in a database so its for example difficult to split up gallery pictures to have 2 rows, advert then another 2 rows of thumbs.

[quote=dzinerbear;18521]I’d say you’re in the range.

I did check my stats year-to-date for my super seller sponsor. Keep in mind that not all of my sales were from freesites, but most were.

I have sold 47 memberships (got only 17 rebills) and I sent them 40,603 clicks, so that works out to 1:863.

I did two rounds of freesites with about 6-8 freesites each. And each round was about two months apart.

Freesite traffic is more than double my conversion rate on my whole network of sites, so it is quite disappointing. But I have definitely had more success selling freesites than TGPs. I tend not to sell a whole lot of secondary sponsors on AVS sites.

Bjorn, the other thing I noticed about your template is that they’re designed for rapid consumption. There’s nothing stopping the surfer’s eye from just dropping through the lines of thumbnails quickly, clicking the ones they like and moving on (or I don’t think there was, I’ll have to take another look). So you may want to play with some different templates.

Are you trying a variety of sponsors in your test?

Cheers,
Michael[/quote]

Yeah, I figured that’s what you were going to say. :slight_smile:

Still, your conversions don’t seem to be out of line, so maybe it’s just a fact of life.

Michael