Reasons to attend The Phoenix Forum

So I’m actually thinking about attending The Phoenix Forum this year. Never been before although I’ve been to XBiz and other industry events.

For those of you in the know, can you give some reasons on why its worth attending? Other than schmoozing with people and enjoying the Arizona sun, is there any real financial or educational benefit to attending TPF for an adult webmaster, especially a gay webmaster?

(And FYI, it looks like early registration is open.)

Re: Reasons to attend The Phoenix Forum

Every single time we have gone to the Phoenix Forum it has been worth it. It is worth attending for many reasons whether you have paysites, are a content provider, a tube site etc. The one thing I really enjoyed about this industry is how competition worked together. At an adult webmaster convention you will build new relationships with other companies, strethen your current ones, make new friends, it is educational etc. Make sure to setup meetings with other companies, billing providers, live cams etc.

IntenseCash will be going this year. and hopefully we will see you there :smiley:

As a solo affiliate I’m not sure it’s worth going. There’s nothing I can at the Forum that I can’t do on Skype or by email, so I can’t justify the expense. However, having said that, it is by far the best show and I formed relationships there that I still have today.

If you can afford it, then go. And if you go, try and stay at the Mission Palms, if they’re still holding it there. That center courtyard is the best contact tool that you can use. You can hit the courtyard at just about any time and find people sitting around, you ask if you can join their table, and suddenly you discover you’re sitting with someone you always wanted to meet.

The Phoenix Forum is exceptionally well attended by the gay and straight of the online industry. If you’ve ever wanted to meet a business owner face to face, this is the show to do it at. The location (Mission Palms) is conducive to a convention as well. Beautiful courtyard and amenities with many clubs and restaurants nearby.

[QUOTE=dzinerbear;175057]As a solo affiliate I’m not sure it’s worth going. There’s nothing I can at the Forum that I can’t do on Skype or by email, so I can’t justify the expense. However, having said that, it is by far the best show and I formed relationships there that I still have today.

If you can afford it, then go. And if you go, try and stay at the Mission Palms, if they’re still holding it there. That center courtyard is the best contact tool that you can use. You can hit the courtyard at just about any time and find people sitting around, you ask if you can join their table, and suddenly you discover you’re sitting with someone you always wanted to meet.[/QUOTE]

Let me rephrase what Michael said… Go at least once because you’ll form relationships you’ll still have years in the future. Then, once you have those face-to-face relationships, think twice about going.

Personally I’m trying to go every 2-3 years – which, IMHO, is just enough to maintain relationships.

As far as where to stay… You’ll spend a lot of time at the Mission Palms (in the courtyard or by the pool), but the Mission Palms is absurdly expensive. There’s another hotel within walking distance (Marriott if my memory serves me right) that’s considerably cheaper (but still expensive). Or you can rent a car and stay in a budget motel for less than either of those options. Parking is free at Mission Palms, so that works pretty well (it’s what I did last time). I’m going to try to go next year and I’ve discovered there’s a protected bike trail that starts just on the other side of the river from Mission Palms and goes over by the cheap hotels at the airport, so I’ll rent a bike and do that instead.

I will agree with Michael – every time I’ve gone, I’ve walked away with a completely unplanned, unexpected contact/experience that has proven to be beneficial. Go if you have the budget, but don’t necessarily go with a mission plan. It can be serendipitous.