R.I.P. Scott Morris

It is with great pain and sadness that I have to report that my friend, business partner and mentor of many years, Scott Morris, lost his battle with cancer and passed away yesterday with his loving partner of 30 years, Gordon.

From being a prostitute on the streets at 16 years old, to being in the first ever gay pride march, to becoming one of first ever DJ’s spinning in night clubs from NYC and Miami in the 1970’s, to volunteering years of his life to helping those in need during the HIV/AIDs pandemic, to starting his own production studio (Factory Videos, later GoldPan Media) and the world’s largest bathhouse party Cum Union… he was a legend and an icon! For anyone that heard his hilarious stories, told with an acerbic wit that could have you laughing uncontrollably, all you could do is sit and listen and be entertained.

Scott brought joy, humor and happiness to all those around him and was truly one-of-a-kind. I’m going to miss him like crazy.

1 Like

So sorry for you loss Danny… Sending hugs and good wishes your way…

1 Like

Oh wow, I did not even know he was sick. What an incredible loss. He was one of the good guys who you could always depend on.

1 Like

sorry for you loss.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your kind responses.

If anyone wants to read his obituary or donate to his gofundme for funeral expenses, the family updated the page here:

https://gofund.me/63ee7300

Sorry for your loss Danny… :frowning:

1 Like

So sorry for your loss.

Cancer is a c*nt.

1 Like

Sending you warm hugs. How very fortunate that he was a part of your life, he sounds like he was an amazing person/friend.

1 Like

Sorry for that loss :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry your loss. RIP

1 Like

So sorry to hear this Danny, hope your doing ok…

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear this Danny.

1 Like