Quick Question: Vids on WordPress Blogs

Hi Guys

We’re just now discovering (hello!) that we will need some sort of plugin for our WordPress blog sites to display vids that are either on our server or hosted somewhere else.

Someone over on GFY recommended

http://www.cyberseo.net/kvs-player-pro/

But I thought I’d ask you guys what you prefer or use or recommend. I’m not sure why WP makes it such a nightmare to display vids, but we’ve lost days trying to suss this out.

Thank you much for your ideas or thoughts

DK

Re: Quick Question: Vids on WordPress Blogs

You may not necessarily need a plugin to host videos within your WP posts. Have you tried simply embedding videos in your posts using an externally hosted player?

If you are going to host videos yourself, you would need a player indeed. In my opinion, FlowPlayer is the best one out there.

I have never tried KVS Player, but it seems like a good one, too.

Doesn’t the latest version of Wordpress play videos naively? What is cross platform support like for that?

We are only embedding code, and for some reason, I think for security reasons, WP would not allow outside links that served the videos to be framed within a post. But for now we’re finding the plugin that I mentioned above working quite well for us. You can check it out at www.queerpop.com.

Thanks guys for your suggestions and feedback.

DK