Question on Cascading Billing

Okay maybe it is two questions.

If a surfer clicks on your link, that goes to ccBill, and is declined by VISA through ccbill, but then cascades to epoch, where visa approves it, does the affiliate get credit for the sale?

Second, if they do, where does it show up in the ccbill affiliate pages? and when does it show up? or does it even show?

Re: Question on Cascading Billing

Here’s how it works from the paysite’s point of view, as was explained to me by CCBill.

When the sale cascades from CCBill to Epoch, Epoch collects all the money, so if the membership is $24.95, Epoch collects the full $24.95. CCBill records that the sale has happened and an affiliate is owed. CCBill pays the affiliate their percentage and bills the paysite. It’s all transparent for the affiliate, they need to do nothing.

Where does it show up in CCBill? I don’t know.

Michael

[QUOTE=dzinerbear;52428]Here’s how it works from the paysite’s point of view, as was explained to me by CCBill.

When the sale cascades from CCBill to Epoch, Epoch collects all the money, so if the membership is $24.95, Epoch collects the full $24.95. CCBill records that the sale has happened and an affiliate is owed. CCBill pays the affiliate their percentage and bills the paysite. It’s all transparent for the affiliate, they need to do nothing.

Where does it show up in CCBill? I don’t know.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Great explanation, Michael.

It actually does not show up for the affiliate at all - since it is essentially irrelevant to the affiliate payout. The affiliate sees the transaction along with any other CCBill transactions. It is good to note that any subsequent rebills are also tracked as sales for the affiliate (if the program pays that way).

The program owner is the one who sees the actual ‘cascaded’ sale and can track the reconciliation.

[quote=ccjax;52432]Great explanation, Michael.

It actually does not show up for the affiliate at all - since it is essentially irrelevant to the affiliate payout. The affiliate sees the transaction along with any other CCBill transactions. It is good to note that any subsequent rebills are also tracked as sales for the affiliate (if the program pays that way).
[/quote]

Now you have me confused. So as an affiliate I will see the transaction or not?

And just what does it mean, subsequent rebills are also tracked, if the program pays that way?

I have a confirmed sale, that began through a ccbill join, was cascaded down to epoch, but as yet, does not show in my ccbill reports. This was on the 15th of september btw.

is this a specific question about ccbill cascading? I can tell you with nats and mpa and other third party cascade-enabled affiliate systems, you will see the signup no matter what billing company actually does the processing.

Yes, I should have clarified: my explanation pertained to CCBill’s cascading system.

Michael

ccbill specific actually

You will see the transaction immediately, but you will not know if it was a CCBill transaction or an Epoch transaction. It will just show as a sale for you.
As Luke said -‘you will see the signup no matter what billing company actually does the processing.’

The sale should have credited right away back from Epoch - and the system is working great on our end.
I would check with the program owner - AND if you want to send me the confirmation of the sale, I can have someone look into it on our end.

gary at ccbill.com

email sent, thanks Gary

Thanks to Gary from ccBill who answered this thread, and who helped solve the issue for me, well attempted to.

Seems I have some work to do, but again it was amazing at how quickly ccBill responded, and came up with an answer. Too bad others, can’t do the same, with the same professionalism, and speed. :cool:

Anytime!

Let me know what you find out…