question for paysite owners

do you allow fake password sites to link to your sites via your affiliate program? i’m talking about sites that look like password sites but all their links are ccbill or other affiliate links with fake passwords that don’t access your site.

we used to have a rule against them, but are curious what others are doing about them.

Re: question for paysite owners

I added some text to my affiliate terms of use a while back specifically addressing this, saying that it is not allowed. And have cancelled at least one account for doing it. It’s hard to track down, though.

we also cancel accounts like this when we find them

thanks - cancellation was my first impulse.

We did used to allow this on the basis that the passwords were 100% fake… but what you end up finding is if the site has a comments section it allows people to share “real” passwords ect.

Although the annoyance at a fake password now working was a good sales tool.

Now we tend to speak to webmasters and if we cant get a reply cancel aff account.

It’s kind of a “no brainer” if you consider the type of traffic these type of sites attract. We have 1 affiliate left that actually does have some decent sales. But we do keep those members from his site under a microscope.

I wouldn’t automatically cancel them. Take the traffic, but weed out the bad ones individually.