Question For Paysite Owners That Cascade..

I know many paysite owners that waited to add their own cascading/affiliate software.

My question is: If you know what you know now about how it affected your business, would you have added sooner than you did?

If the day ever comes when I create my own paysite, I will have it from day one. Maybe lease it first until the site grew, but still have it there from day one.

Re: Question For Paysite Owners That Cascade…

lloyd, have you ever seen this thread?
http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showthread.php?t=558484

shap from twistys answers that question. he felt that cascading was a very important step in his site’s growth. i worked with a program that went to cascading and there were consistent higher sales of 10% or better all the time.

of course, you might have similar experiences cascading through ccbill, because they let you choose who goes first in the cascade. the only time i could see an issue there would be when - like the other day - there is a ddos attack. of course, if you have the cascade done from your own server with a program like MAS or NATS, anytime your site is fast, your cascading will be, too.

and once you get the hang of the program, you can create new price points and console or no console links on the fly, which is pretty darn nice.

Has CCbill actually release their cascading system to everyone? Last I heard it was still in beta.

My question to Lloyd is…

How is Blake Mason handling affiliate payouts? Will Adam be sending out checks himself or have you guys hired an 3rd party to do that? That is the only thing that keeps us from going with a the full MPA3 of NATS installation.

[QUOTE=xstr8guy;11759]My question to Lloyd is…

How is Blake Mason handling affiliate payouts? Will Adam be sending out checks himself or have you guys hired an 3rd party to do that? That is the only thing that keeps us from going with a the full MPA3 of NATS installation.[/QUOTE]

Neither! I volunteered to fly webmaster checks anywhere in the world and hand deliver.

J/K. Maybe Adam will be introducing a new member of the BlakeMason team soon. I put an ad in his local newspaper for an admin assistant. :slight_smile:

I thought they released it out of beta. But, it only supports Epoch and CCbill. You can’t use your own Merchant Account.

Funny. I’ve never seen a notice in the CCbill admin. :frowning:

We’ve been experimenting with our cascades.

With Epoch first, we seem to see a significant number of sales cascading to ccbill and a slight increase in overall sales.

With CCBill first, we get almost no cascade through to Epoch, and a slightly lower % of completed sales overall.

The ccbill DDOS attack is an excellent example of why relying on your processor to handle your tour traffic and cascading has its downsides. The exact same thing could happen to Epoch, it’s not CCBill’s fault.

But if you want an industrial strength solution, you have your NATS or MPA mirrored on a second server in a different data center from your primary, and just switch DNS in the event of a failure. Of course, this is probably overkill :slight_smile:

Yes, absolutely, I would have started out from day1.

[QUOTE=xstr8guy;11759]My question to Lloyd is…

How is Blake Mason handling affiliate payouts? Will Adam be sending out checks himself or have you guys hired an 3rd party to do that? That is the only thing that keeps us from going with a the full MPA3 of NATS installation.[/QUOTE]

Jim, we use webmasterchecks for cheque payouts, Chrissy is a real sweetheart and we have never once had any problems. Add that to epassporte and wires (both very easy to setup) and you are fully covered for affiliate payouts.

We posted this in the news section on January 11th :cool:

Currntly it does only support CCBill and Paycom.