Question for OpenX experts

Hello,
I’m going to install OpenX to handle banner campaigns for one blog of mine. I have several banners of the same site, of the same sponsors with the same size. Can I rotate these banners and make the one with an higher CTR appear more often the the other?

Thank you.

Re: Question for OpenX experts

You can definitely rotate banners and set different weights to them. I guess you could start by allocating the same weight, seeing which has the better CTR and then allocate more weight to them. That is certainly doable.

If you’re looking for a system that automatically gives more weight by CTR, then I don’t think this would be possible without a hack.

[QUOTE=tigermom;15429]

If you’re looking for a system that automatically gives more weight by CTR, then I don’t think this would be possible without a hack.[/QUOTE]

Correct as far I know. But, I am not quite liking OpenX after they changed from phpdasnew.

I am actually looking for a better banner program.

You can, but you would have to do it manually as Tigermom mentions.

OpenX is very good, specially on a smaller scale - amount of banners and campaings that is. At a larger scale it gets a bit slow at times (mainly the admin part)

From what I found it doesnt seem to be the amount of impressions that slows it down but amount of banners and campaigns.

[quote=InsaneSimon;15427]Hello,
I’m going to install OpenX to handle banner campaigns for one blog of mine. I have several banners of the same site, of the same sponsors with the same size. Can I rotate these banners and make the one with an higher CTR appear more often the the other?

Thank you.[/quote]