question for freesite makers

do you happen to know the average number of pics a surfer clicks in your freesites - or the average number of video clips a surfer plays?

when i did galleries a lot, webmasters would ask me about bandwidth. what i discovered was that the average surfer would click 2 to 3 pics total, that difference depending on niche. it didn’t matter if the galleries were straight or gay, screencaps or digital stills. it didn’t matter how many pics were in the gallery, from 12 to 16. and my galleries always had variety, so i don’t know if guys would have only clcked one if they had less variety.

so, can anyone tell me the average for their freesite users? it would probably be handy not only for me right now but for anyone considering doing freesites.

Re: question for freesite makers

Not as much as I would like. I don’t find surfers click on more than 10% of your total pics. Which is why I never really cared about free sites with 60 pics. If you have a free site with 30 pics, a surfer will click on 3-4 pics, a 60 pic free site, they may click on 6-7 pics.

A free site is really not much different than a gallery. On a five gallery 60 pic free site, I find that gallery 1 and gallery 5 get the most hits. That would leave me to believe that the surfer hits gallery 1 and sees if they like the model, then goes right to gallery 5 and checks out the “good” pics.

IMHO, a 60 pic, five galley site is about the same as a 24 pic two gallery site. I just can’t get surfers to spend anywhere near as much time on my site as I want them to.

just looked at my google stats and they tell me that people spend an avg of 2 minutes on the site and visit an avg of 3 pages… So that basically means that they watch about 1 movie out of 3 …

That is exactly what I usually do unless the site has more than one guy.

Surfers are funny little things. One of my sites has nearly 100 galleries and the average page view is between 5 and 6 per visit. Im trying to figure out if thats a navigation issue, or they dont like the content, or if thats normal surfer behaviour. They may just click on ones that are new, with surfers you never can tell whats going in their little minds.

So what would be an an example of a great free site. I am not in love with ours but they certainly do convert. I am trying to think of things to try to make them work even better. Right now we are just focusing on the most relevant keywords and using really no other means to bring traffic to them.

100 galleries on a free site ?

No not a free site.