Public Comments Close Soon

On the 10th of this month, the public comments get closed off on our favorite returning subject XXX TLD from the folks at ICANN.

IF YOU HAVEN’T COMMENTED, DO IT NOW BEFORE WE GET STUCK WITH THIS BOGUS CASH GRAB.

[ Not sure what to do, read this thread, first post. Has all the info you need, and IT REALLY IS EASY TO ADD YOUR VOICE ]

And if you are an affiliate of AEBN, you might want to read their letter they sent out to affiliates, about this and what some US Government legislaters are planning, in the event of XXX being accepted.

Second, the Free Speech Coalition has informed us that a bill has already been written by the United States Congress anticipating the approval of the .XXX sTLD and was to be introduced at the federal level mandating that adult businesses be relegated to ONLY a .XXX sTLD

Re: Public Comments Close Soon

This is a very important issue.
ICANN is criticized for being judgmental and for going beyond its role on this XXX issue. ICANN is criticized for evaluation of anticipated content in its hesitation. But in reality, ICANN ought to be criticized for facilitating content discrimination ONLY IF it rushes into .xxx and takes a pro-xxx stand. That is because, allowing XXX would make it possible for the whole world to discriminate different domain spaces for content. A few nations or regions may choose to block a whole domain space if it finds objectionable content concentrated on a certain domain space such as xxx.

If .xxx is allowed, a .aa (all audiences) and a .child is theoretically possible and on these domain spaces also the content can be anticipated to be discriminated (content of a certain category or class) and a regulatory authority might exercise judgement and choose to allow .aa and .child and NOT .xxx, or may bring up issues such as what qualifies to be in the .aa space and what qualifies to be in the .child space.

I can’t see where I’m supposed to comment - I can’t see anything on that page about .xxx

Am I being thick?

Ignore that - I found it!

It’s there but a bit cryptic. Just follow the instruction in the above thread link or:
http://www.gaydemon.biz/showthread.php?t=13106

done