Producers required to give models stage names?

I was just chatting with Damian at PPV and he mentioned that producers are required by 2257 to give the models stage names. I hadn’t realized that was the case. Is that everyone else’s understanding as well?

If that’s the case, then how do sites like Sketchy Sex get away with almost no names?

In terms of AndyMike’s thread on content materials, it would seem identifying the models is indeed important, legally.

Re: Producers required to give models stage names?

Identifying with stage names. To use a model’s real name is like putting a target on their back in public. If the model wants to “out” themselves on social media or to the general public, that’s their choice. It’s not for studios to do so.

That’s not exactly correct…2257 requires you list and cross reference both names if they use a stage name. You are not required by any law to use a stage name…Francois Sagat is Francois Sagat.

And someone can have a stage name of just “Eduardo”, like Cher! LOL! And you just have to cross reference and include both names in the 2257 record keeping.

[QUOTE=Titanmen;163589]That’s not exactly correct…2257 requires you list and cross reference both names if they use a stage name. You are not required by any law to use a stage name…Francois Sagat is Francois Sagat.

And someone can have a stage name of just “Eduardo”, like Cher! LOL! And you just have to cross reference and include both names in the 2257 record keeping.[/QUOTE]

This is correct for the model release.

2257 doesn’t require that we provide the models real name in productions or profiles made public. Only that the model release has their legal information if/when an official should check the records.

[QUOTE=OldSchool;163590]This is correct for the model release.

2257 doesn’t require that we provide the models real name in productions or profiles made public. Only that the model release has their legal information if/when an official should check the records.[/QUOTE]

Correct, 2257 does not require that the records or models legal names be made public.

But a model release is the legal document between the model and producer. Technically a model release is not required as part of 2257. 2257 is about age verification not about the contract between the model and producer for the rights to content. Two distinct things, but often combined by producers to make records easier to maintain.

I think you miss my point. Damian was saying that you can’t leave models in a scene nameless. They have to be identified by some name which presumably the authorities could then ask the real identity of.

I think it’s only on internal records, you don’t have to name them on the site.
Whether it’s a stage name or a real name, you just need to be able to show on record that specific people identifiable by name appeared in each scene. That information doesn’t need to be added to the site in any way, it’s solely to meet your record keeping responsibilities and has nothing to do with the fans or the final product.

You could release a scene on a site without any names visible to anyone, but you need to have a record stating that “scene name” featured “model name”, and that “model name” refers to “legal name”, which in-turn lists proof of age etc.