PR value of sites in sigs

i have friends who say that their sites’ pr is higher because they run the sites in their sigs on the boards they post on. think there’s more than a minimal effect? my program - that appears on the web in literally thousands of posts - has a pr1, so my guess is that if board sigs affect your pr, it isn’t very much.

thoughts?

Re: PR value of sites in sigs

I think that the link from within a post has more value, though limited, than your site url in your sig. My own belief, is it is a minimal factor, but every tiny weenie bit helps, sort of. whistle

I’m not sure the spiders can tell the difference between the sig and the post on a forum like this. That’s different than on a blog where there’s clearly a post section. The fact that it’s a link from a pic with no alt text means it’s not as useful as a text link which has keywords associated with it… Also depends on the reputation of the boards your posting on… If they’re considered spammy or untrusted they have no link juice to give you…

I remember reading somewhere that links to your site in the middle of a paragraph of text have a higher value. If thats true, then links in posts could have a higher value than links in sigs, as in sigs their is less text surrounding them.

HunkMoney is PR3 with very little sig spots (I only post regularly on 4-5 forums, plus have never hired a sig whore). But more importantly, its #1 in google for the keywords we want.

a basic seo technique is “chatting” on boards with a good link in your sig. stay in threads that are the same topic as the content in your sig links page and it’s a badass link :wink: