Photo Size for Galleries

I’m looking at bumping up the photo sizes in the galleries on BR. At the moment the photo sizes are 600x900px. I’d like to step them up in size. What do you think would be a comfortable large format for most surfers? I just spotted a nice 683x1024 shot from Butch Dixon that caught my eye.

Re: Photo Size for Galleries

For paysite I’d say 1024 or 1280 max is good. But check your spelling and maybe clean up the layout, for example http://www.bentleyrace.com/preview/previewgallery/gallery1/pages/ElighRainer09_jpg.htm it says ‘prevoewgallery1’ errr :slight_smile: I’d also suggest on those individual pages put a link to join. Can never have too many of those.

The problem with 1024 on the long side is that many people will have to scroll to see the whole picture. I think your image size is perfect. It’s a bit more work maybe, but why not leave the images as is and moving forward offer bigger pics in a download. Then if enough people are downloading you could go back and fix the others.

Or why not do a survey in the member’s area and ask them?

I like the idea of at least offering larger photos in the zip download. Those big shots from Butch Dixon look amazing. I’ll talk to my guy to see if I can produce the larger pics only and have Wordpress resize them for gallery viewing and pack the originals in to the zip. It already does some resizing for the thumbs and automatically zips them up when the surfer views the gallery.

Thanks for pointing out my atrocious spelling Romance. The public sections of the site are currently being bulldozed to make way for a new front end that will look better and play better with the member’s area. I’m hoping to change over this coming long weekend.