Payout problems, next step?

Say you have problems with getting paid by a sponsor. The sponsor has been aware of the problem, but nothing happens. So you given them notice, you know for sure money is owed and maybe even know the amount.

What do you do next if they still dont pay?

Re: Payout problems, next step?

Expose them if it’s an amount that you don’t care if you ever get paid for. If it’s a huge amount you take them to court. Then put out a press release saying you are suing their ass.

Out them, no matter how big. Bad business is bad business and you are the one suffering, not them :cool:

Sponsors have been redeemed after money issues so it’s not the kiss of death, but just a public notice to others about what you’re experiencing.

The only thing that has ever worked is to tell them Im going to out them on the boards.
I paid an adult site firm $1,100 to make a site for me and a year later I still never got it. It was a year of them blowing me off and me chasing after them. The owner said he was having a hard time financially, meanwhile he’s on the boards acting like he’s very successful and has all this money (I later learned that being broke but acting rich on the boards is common).

Finally after a year I said you have 5 days to give me my money back or Im making threads everywhere. I dont care if you have to give blowjobs to homeless guys under a bridge, I want my money back within 5 days.
I would send them a daily reminder…4 days left. 3 days left.
Bam, I got my money back.

ok, yes I would agree - boards is a good way. But I’m more thinking if boards dont work or they dont care. I guess then its down to a lawsuit, but from my experinace thats expensive.

To me it depends on the situation…

I cried fowl pretty quickly when Helix bounced a $50 check on me (that should never happen - it’s what overdraft protection is for - especially at that amount)…

But a couple of months ago I contacted a sponsor who hadn’t paid - took weeks to get a response back and then they had no clue they owed me money. I documented it for them, got a response they’d look into it and once again weeks before they responded. It all came out OK in the end, but I’m wondering whether they’ll be more on top of things in the future. They run a lot of sites so I’m finding it surprising they’re so disorganized…

Neither case was big money - that would be a factor as well. IMO, the more of your money they’re holding the quicker they should respond.

I know sponsors have issues - like fraud on certain accounts where they’ve done payouts and then get a ton of chargebacks… And they may not want to share with affiliates what they’re going through, but ultimately the more honest they are with the good affiliates the better it is for everyone (IMHO)…

[QUOTE=MrMax;14935]The only thing that has ever worked is to tell them Im going to out them on the boards.
I paid an adult site firm $1,100 to make a site for me and a year later I still never got it. It was a year of them blowing me off and me chasing after them. The owner said he was having a hard time financially, meanwhile he’s on the boards acting like he’s very successful and has all this money (I later learned that being broke but acting rich on the boards is common).

Finally after a year I said you have 5 days to give me my money back or Im making threads everywhere. I dont care if you have to give blowjobs to homeless guys under a bridge, I want my money back within 5 days.
I would send them a daily reminder…4 days left. 3 days left.
Bam, I got my money back.[/QUOTE]

A good idea but if it doesn’t works I think it is all about the amount of money. If it is a big amount talk to a lawyer about what to do.

If you expose them on the boards then you might gather together some other people who are owed. Perhaps you could then approach them as a group with the threat of taking legal course of action.

Also, what about contacting the processor and seeking their advice. Processors like to keep their reputations squeaky clean, so perhaps they’d be more responsive.

Michael

The boards are also a way to warn the community so we don’t experience the loss that you are experiencing.

Every day you remain silent could be more money out of someone else’s pocket who isn’t aware of the problem

The threat of multiple affiliates banning a sponsor could easily be of greater consequence then the threat of a lawsuit, and hits their pocket more quickly then a judgment would. :smiley:

Does Gay Demon get many submissions from people advertising this sponsor? The threat of not allowing sites advertising them could hit them were really hurts…

You have to go very very carefull with that. Board posting is a last resort when your attempts to resolve an issue have totally failed. This place should never become a place to lynch mob people. Ive seen many times people being falsely accused on boards and have been on the recieving end of it. Thats why webmasters always ask people to try to resolve the issue first then only post when sure of their facts.

PrideAccess owes me money and has for a long time :smiley:

I give Bjorn more credit then that. I think he would use the board as a last resort, as I would.

So many times, again and again, someone posts information to late and tons of people post that they’ve had the same problem and didn’t want to say anything. It’s good to learn from your mistakes, and the mistakes of others.

You have to be careful. If they owe you a lot of money and out them on the boards first, then it can be get much harder to collect.

If it’s the money that one is really after, and it’s a lot of money, then I would send them a final letter demanding what they owe. If they didn’t pay, then sue them, and hope like hell once you get a lawyer involved that they will decide to pay. Then decide if you want to out them and how bad. but, if it’s a ton of money and you really want it, outing them may not be the best bet at first, especially if you later decide to sue them. Lawyers have a way of twisting everything you may say in open against you.

I think it’s funny the way people on boards constantly talk about getting lawyers. I believe a lot of it is just that: talk. Number one it is very expensive and number two the program may even be based in a different country.

Great, I just this month added a bunch of PrideAccess sites to my link list. :frowning: Would you let us know if you end up getting paid?

i’d present them with an invoice for my sales and if it wasn’t paid and they were in the u.s., after a third invoice and strong letter, i’d take them to a collections agency. out of the u.s., it’s usually too expensive to mess with - which is how so many companies get away with it.

Not really true. Banaguide sued that straight guys site that dumped all the affiliates. It really depends on how much someone woes you. If someone owed me 20k, i would get a lawyer in a heart beat. Depending on where the company is located, sendingthem to small claims court is not all that difficult. Hiring a lawyer to collect money is much more less costly than hiring a lawyer for other things. Very few companies want leins put on their assets.

There’s too many people in the gay adult biz who rip off others.

The minute they start owing someone more than $1000 - maybe even $500 - it’s because they dipped their hands into the cookie jar… and need to be outed and blown out of the water.

You’re a bad businessman if you let your acct receivables with any vendor get above one month, in this digital age with ACH, Wires, PayPal, ePassporte, Payoneer, etc.

More than one month - there’s a rip off happening. If you’re that important to them, that they’re making 2-3-4-5-times what they’re paying you, then chop off their nuts before making them one more $$.