parisdudes.com redirect on frenchdudes.com need your advice

Hi,

I just realize that an affiliate makes a redirect from parisdudes.com to frenchdudes.com (my paysite)

Is that it can be a cheat and if so how?

Otherwise what is the point of doing this redirection?

Re: parisdudes.com redirect on frenchdudes.com need your advice

Well that’s for you to decide if you want to allow it or not. But I can’t see how he’s making any sales, I searched for “parisdudes” on Google and didn’t bring any results.

One must enter the full address in the search or nav bar to get to it.

But you are the sponsor, its your rules if you want to allow it or not. Most programs won’t allow an affiliate to get a similar domain and redirect it.

I don’t think it’s a cheat but lazy and cashing in on your brand without any real work. The name is similar but not the same, so really comes down to how important your brand is to you or if you just want the sales.

Ok at less it’s not a cheater, even if I don’t like that kind of advertisement.

Thanks for your advise :wink:

Its probably a tube affiliate. I have a rather successful affiliate who changes my watermark on trailers to his for very similar domains that redirect to my sites.

He’s rather good at what he does so I don’t really mind. Of course, if the day ever comes that he stops pushing me with his almost identical domains with my videos re-watermarked to it then I’ll probably have a lawsuit against him. For now, however, he’s an asset. :smiley:

[QUOTE=britton;131883]Its probably a tube affiliate. I have a rather successful affiliate who changes my watermark on trailers to his for very similar domains that redirect to my sites.

He’s rather good at what he does so I don’t really mind. Of course, if the day ever comes that he stops pushing me with his almost identical domains with my videos re-watermarked to it then I’ll probably have a lawsuit against him. For now, however, he’s an asset. :D[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, it must surely be it!
Thank you for enlightening me on this topic :wink: