Panda 4.0 released last weekend

Google’s algorithm to counteract low quality search results (Panda) was updated this past weekend. Google said this revision noticeably affected 0.2% of search queries.

http://www.seroundtable.com/google-spam-algorithm-updated-18580.html

Overall -with a mix of sites - blogs, a tube site and a forum site - I’m seeing no appreciable difference in new visits from Google - up 2 or 3% over the previous weekend and 1.3% over the weekend before that - so just natural variation.

Re: Panda 4.0 released last weekend

[QUOTE=rawTOP;149283]Google’s algorithm to counteract low quality search results (Panda) was updated this past weekend. Google said this revision noticeably affected 0.2% of search queries.

http://www.seroundtable.com/google-spam-algorithm-updated-18580.html

Overall -with a mix of sites - blogs, a tube site and a forum site - I’m seeing no appreciable difference in new visits from Google - up 2 or 3% over the previous weekend and 1.3% over the weekend before that - so just natural variation.[/QUOTE]

That’s interesting. I’ve seen a slight dip but nothing major in traffic across a mix of sites starting between Sunday and Monday. Both Monday and Tuesday is down slightly compared to previous weeks. But I put that down to “normal” low. I guess it could actually be a loss in traffic due to the update as well. Will only really know over the next week or so.

Just had a look around a bit. Matt Cutts posted that it’s rolling out today:

https://twitter.com/mattcutts/status/468891756982185985

Then he tweeted a couple of hours later saying it started during the weekend… so who knows. But from the sound of it, it’s not major or “bad” update hopefully. It seems to be aimed towards really spammy search words.

Gott sei Dank!

I’ve seen some noticeable increase in traffic as of May 17th or so.

Unfortunately, these extra surfers don’t seem to be very willing to buy memberships so the sales haven’t gone up but paradoxically they went somewhat down. Maybe the sales thing is only a coincidence and things will improve later, I really do hope that will be the case!

On the other hand, DejanSEO, an Australian SEO company predicts there might be a new penguin update soon, which I fear more than anything regarding Panda. Panda has actually always been nice to my sites.

Only a slight increase of Google traffic during the past couple of days. Not sure if it has something to do with a possible Panda update.

1agoogle.jpg

My graph looks similar to Ben’s with a nice growing line that started a few days ago.

That’s interesting, if I’m not wrong you are all looking at stats for blogs? I guess that could mean it’s had a positive impact on blogs with this latest update.

Have your sales kept pace with the traffic or remained more or less the same?

That’s interesting, if I’m not wrong you are all looking at stats for blogs? I guess that could mean it’s had a positive impact on blogs with this latest update.

Yes, it’s stats for a blog of mine.

Yes that’s blog traffic indeed

No, I’ve noticed a boost of sales, particularly CCBills.

Interesting. I’ve seen an increase in organic traffic and corresponding sales for BlokeToys over the past few days, and organic traffic for several affiliate clients has increased in that period too. One stale blog of mine has seen perhaps a 5% climb in line with those other increases, and another stale one has seen no change at all as far as I can see (but that was already producing more organic traffic than all other properties of ours).

My traffic from Google has increased 40% since Panda 4.0. After many months of sticking to my guns, creating unique content, and doing SEO the right way, I warmly welcome this update.

Steve

Well this isn’t the “big” update… that’s coming next.

That would be interesting and would be in line with Google’s push for better content, with more informative, credible and authoritative blog posts.

We have to hope that it’s a positive change but from past experiences Google takes more than they give. It’s possibly only a temporary effect due to preparing for a much bigger update.

Hopefully I am not jinxing it now, but the traffic from Google keeps increasing every day.

Ben / Michael (and others who noticed an increase last week) : are you still seeing the growth of SE traffic as well?

[QUOTE=pocoloco;149416]Hopefully I am not jinxing it now, but the traffic from Google keeps increasing every day.

Ben / Michael (and others who noticed an increase last week) : are you still seeing the growth of SE traffic as well?[/QUOTE]

Yes traffic went back up again and increased a bit too (Across all types of sites I have).One of my tube sites had a personal record high this weekend too I think Rawtop was right, the dip after previous weekends update was probably due to non-google related things, just a normal variation.

fuck the panda

My traffic on one blog has been climbing and plateaued for the past six days at a very nice increase.