OpenX issues

Hey,

Since the problems with openX and people being hacked, my hose updated my version of openX to the latest one,

but now, since the update when i click on ‘zone’ and then ‘invocation code’ to set the banners on my site, i do not see anything in the drop down box, so i cant actually get the zone code…

has anyone else had this problem?

Re: OpenX issues

are you logged in as administrator or manager? there is a link in the upper right corner to swap if your account has both rights, which is normal for the main admin account. That could be the issue.

Oh and as for openX security, I have added .htaccess/.htpasswd protection to my admin folder, this is supposed to have protected openX from most (if not all) of the previous hacks, so I figure its a good way to add another barrier of security.

It sounds like you don’t have the plugins installed.

You need to have banner zone plugins etc otherwise lots of things won’t work. For some reason some of the OpenX upgrade packages do not contain the plugins so your host might have done a fresh install with the latest patch but not installed any plugins as they were not included.

The problem is I can’t find anywhere on their site that mentions how to get hold of them. I’m actually not sure what’s going on with Open X. Lots of pages on the site is missing, including upgrade instructions and links. I also noticed that they don’t reply to support forum posts any more or at least not very often. So it could be that they are not doing very well or giving up on the free product.

But if you do need the plugins I can email them to you.

That’s why I stopped using this long ago. Too many hacking attempts, too many patches and fixes to keep up to date. Not the most user-friendly updating mechanism either.

I jus did a clean install :frowning:
I got the plugins from the old backup i had, but they now producer huge errors on the old install- so ive officially given up