OpenAds / OpenX - most productive banner

If anyone uses OpenX (previously Open Ads) do you know if its possible to setup OpenX to select and use the most productive banners a bit like you would do with TGP Thumbs / galleries.

Are there ways of really getting OpenX to optimize what it uses automatically… Any tricks and tips?

I use it extensively but never really looked into all the advanced options.

Re: OpenAds / OpenX - most productive banner

Yes, you could change the weight of the individual ad so it shows more often.

Or you could change the priority level of the campaign, which would control how often your ads in that campaign are shown at.

Or change the distribution which you can set to make it show your ads so many times or clicks a period.

All very simple to setup and use. If you learned how to use openx, you can figure out those options easy.

Jimmy

[QUOTE=gaydemon;6889]If anyone uses OpenX (previously Open Ads) do you know if its possible to setup OpenX to select and use the most productive banners a bit like you would do with TGP Thumbs / galleries.

Are there ways of really getting OpenX to optimize what it uses automatically… Any tricks and tips?

I use it extensively but never really looked into all the advanced options.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for this question, I wouldn’t hijack your thread, but are you using OpenX on GayDemon? If yes, are you running it on a dedicated server (dedicated to OpenX only I mean?

Pixel tracking. I am sure you do enough volume to ask a program to add it for you

I do have it on a dedicated server, it can be quite heavy on resources, specially since i use it on just about everything.

Thats probabaly the only downside to it is that its had a few issues with resources usage. I think its been sorted now though.

If you have a smaller site / less banner views then you should be fine with running it on a shared server or on a server with your sites.

Interesting, but doesnt all those things you mentioned require manual input, what i was thinking is for openx to select the most clicked banner from each campaign.

I do need to study that manual a bit more… its just so many pages… :wink:

[quote=Nicedreams;6906]Yes, you could change the weight of the individual ad so it shows more often.

Or you could change the priority level of the campaign, which would control how often your ads in that campaign are shown at.

Or change the distribution which you can set to make it show your ads so many times or clicks a period.

All very simple to setup and use. If you learned how to use openx, you can figure out those options easy.

Jimmy[/quote]

[QUOTE=gaydemon;7022]Interesting, but doesnt all those things you mentioned require manual input, what i was thinking is for openx to select the most clicked banner from each campaign.

I do need to study that manual a bit more… its just so many pages… ;)[/QUOTE]

Yes. I do not believe there is a way to display the top clicked banner in the current version.

Jimmy

IMO the highest clicked banner will not always make you the most money. You need to track sales per impressions.

If you do that, wouldn’t that give those banners an unfair advantage to remain the most viewed, even while other banners are being added that might be just as successful if given the chance?