Only Fans banning sexually-explicit content in October

Interesting, will have to watch and see how it goes with Patreon. What do you use it for yourself?

We publish erotic fiction there every week, for the BuddyBate community. It’s fun creating it but can be hard work. Coming up with new themes and diverse characters is a challenge because many of the readers have very specific ideas about what they want.

I have tried to seek other writers to buy unique fiction from, just for a more varied take on what we publish. Every time I’ve tried to find another writer to just buy themed stories from it’s fizzled out. Not sure why people don’t want to sell us stories. :confused:

I just got an update from Patreon, the first one since they announced less than two weeks ago that they would start demanding ID.

They’ve confirmed that this is starting TOMORROW, Oct 15th.

They’ve suggested that existing creators might have a couple of weeks, or months (I guess it depends on their mood?) until they are commanded to provide ID, and if we can’t provide it then they’re halting payouts.

So, I could be asked next week to provide ID (that I don’t have) and if I can’t immediately send it to them they’ll block payouts.

Looks like the only option I have is to close it down asap to stop my subscribers being charged for something that might end at any second.

And get this… they’ve also confirmed that people who publish adult video and photography DON’T EVEN HAVE TO PROVIDE ID OF THEIR MODELS as standard.

So, the one high risk activity they are purportedly doing all this for, while targeting even artists and fiction writers, don’t even have to show evidence that their models are legal until there is cause to check.

Makes you wonder what they’re really doing all this for, doesn’t it?