one long collage file of many pic - pros and cons

Wondering what you think of how I present my pics, and if a long collage would be better for various or any reasons.

I didn’t want to hog Terrytowel’s thread but it’s related. Older threads touch on this topic, but what’s the story? Is this totally subjective?

I use mostly verticals and wonder if that makes a difference. my site

some mixed ideas I got from past threads on collages:

• they are less likely to get listed in google images, while others say they are listed.
  • do surfers like them or not?

The big plus for me would be eliminating extra of links. I know 100 pics in a row could be one link if you put the </a> on the last pic only. With that length of images, I put a text link in the middle to offer a chance for the surfer to go my site. So 10 pics with a text link in the middel makes 3 links.

Re: one long collage file of many pic - pros and cons

Personally, if you are using the jump script, I’d have all images linked to the sponsors, as you never know which one the surfer will click. Myself, I think too much scrolling isn’t helpful, but then I am blond, so I suppose it’s a personal choice.

Plus you can select all of the pics, use one ahref for them all, by adding it in the blog admin under HTML tag, rather than visual.

my pennies worth

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;73404]Personally, if you are using the jump script, I’d have all images linked to the sponsors, as you never know which one the surfer will click. Myself, I think too much scrolling isn’t helpful, but then I am blond, so I suppose it’s a personal choice.

Plus you can select all of the pics, use one ahref for them all, by adding it in the blog admin under HTML tag, rather than visual.

my pennies worth[/QUOTE]

Hi Ian. I have all the images linked to my sponsors, and use the jump script for all my affiliate links.

I would like one ahref for them all and used to. Then it was suggested to break up the pics and put text link between the middle going to the sponsor. Since I’ve done that, I can’t figure out how to have all the pics and text ad under one ahref. So the first 4 pics are under one ahref, the text ad has its own ahref, and the remaining pics are under one ahref, totalling 3 ahrefs instead of 8 or 11. I may chat with you sometime about this, if I have time and you wan to. The state and or government should supply money for us adult webmasters to hire our own assistants (not gov. supplied assistants, they would be terrible). I could use ten or so. LOL

lol Well if you’ve got sets linked, then it’s not a problem really. Specially if you are using the jump code. I can just see the rednecks subsidizing adult webmasters lol but then maybe if we paid them millions in campaign contributions, I suppose they’d find a way to justify their support

[QUOTE=tim;73405]Hi Ian. I have all the images linked to my sponsors, and use the jump script for all my affiliate links.

I would like one ahref for them all and used to. Then it was suggested to break up the pics and put text link between the middle going to the sponsor. Since I’ve done that, I can’t figure out how to have all the pics and text ad under one ahref. So the first 4 pics are under one ahref, the text ad has its own ahref, and the remaining pics are under one ahref, totalling 3 ahrefs instead of 8 or 11. I may chat with you sometime about this, if I have time and you wan to. The state and or government should supply adult webmasters with free assistants. I could use ten or so. LOL Second thought, they’d be terrible so better of by ourselves.[/QUOTE]

The text in the middle, I think meant more than just a link, but a couple of sentences to break up the long line of pics. When I first checked, did it too fast, and didn’t notice that all the pics were linked, me bad :whip:

I think you use what works, if lots of pics works for you, then use it, try maybe mixing it up to test using less on some, more on others.

hth

Yeah, I am torn between having too many and too little pics. Originally my blog had 5 or so. But I like pics, and some are really hot and I think build up the excitement. But then I think, hmm. Too many pics? So it is back and forth in my head. I’d have all pics and only a few sentences if any if the SE’s didn’t rule the planet.

I hate when I get responses like the one I’m going to give you, but unfortunately it is the best way to figure this out: do a comparison.

You know approximately how many click throughs you get each day not using collages. Do a couple weeks with collages and see if that does better or worse for you.

To directly answer your question . . .

Your pics are big, so a collage would allow people to see more pics from the update with a single glance. It would also allow you to get more updates per page. I think the general rule is that each page after the first gets about 1/2 as much traffic. Meaning, if page 1 got 1000 hits, page 2 usually gets around 500, page 3 gets around 250, etc.

No problem, Teddy, thanks. Not sure how a collage would save any space except the tiny spaces between the pics. Maybe you were thinking I would be shrinking the pics or putting them side by side? If so, rarely do that unless the pics look good that small, which they usually don’t. Tight cropping pics for close ups of cocks, asses, etc. works sometimes but usually does not, and the whole pic is usually hotter. At least those are my personal thoughts.

I guess the comparison for me would have to be between more pics and less in addition to collages verses single pics.

You’re absolutely right. I was thinking you were going to shrink. Now I understand what you mean.