one bad sponsor site = all sites bad

Re: one bad sponsor site = all sites bad

[QUOTE=Kushiel;17105]

At least, that’s my understanding of it; though from what I’ve heard Yaoi is mainly geared toward straight women, with varying levels of shown ‘intimacy’ - mostly focusing on romance that’s more lacking in the straightforward approach of hentai.[/QUOTE]

That is the sub genre called Boy’s Love. Another sub genre of Yaoi is called Shotacon, which is underage boys.

Shotacon has dubious legality in many parts of the world. The sale, but not possession, of shotacon is outlawed and punishable by imprisonment in some regions of Japan, but is legal in others.[citation needed] The United States PROTECT Act of 2003 prohibited obscene or sexual drawings of children, while the Supreme Court in Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition ruled that such legislation is unconstitutional. Shotacon is illegal in Australia, Canada, Sweden, Norway, and South Africa, but prosecutors do not typically press charges unless other crimes are present. Since most shotacon is trafficked internationally (such as through the Internet), national legal prohibitions are difficult to enforce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotacon

Ah-ha!
I knew about bishonen “Beautiful Boy” stuff, but not all that. Thanks, doll.
Our Japanese reps have been looking over animated content and have been bringing some of it in - I’ll definitely ask them to look over this.

I may be wrong but I’m quite sure Visa will not process for a site with pissing or fisting in the EU including the UK. So while it might not be illegal, its just not possible to do… unless your process with Verotel. :wink:

I believe a lady went to jail just for writing erotic stories involving children in the USA. Let me look up the exact story.

[QUOTE=abostonboy;17098]They may have. All I know that a few forms of anime, I believe (yaoi and magna?) do portray this to various degrees. In the US it maybe sick, but it’s not illegal. I BELIEVE Canada has stricter laws on this, though I am not sure.

I believe Chad posted about this a while ago when someone asked as well.

Sick. But, not illegal.[/QUOTE]

That was Rose. Not sure if she went to jail, but she was found guilty. That is a touchy case as far as Constitutional Rights go. While, I disagree with what was written, many would argue that she has the right to write it under the Constitution. It was considered obscene by the court.

Concerning hand drawn or cumputer generated images -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashcroft_v._Free_Speech_Coalition

That is pretty much the case in a nutshell.

While I agree that images such as this are sick. It’s actually legal until another law goes to the Supreme Court that overturns it.