[Off] Mainstream Product Affiliate Options?

This is a bit off topic for the board, but I’m guessing a few of you will know the answer…

We have a mainstream client who needs to get an affiliate program up and running for a product/service he’s offering. It involves a physical product + some professional consulting services to go along with the product. Does anyone have recommendations? He’s a PayPal advocate and really wants a payment solution that has going to PayPal.com as an option, though something like CCBill with pay by check/phone might suffice.

Right now we have an osCommerce + PayPal Pro + ShareASale solution cobbled together, but we need to get PayPal Direct working with a return to the site, and ShareASale is having issues with their tracking code on top of everything else. When we started down that road he wasn’t interested in affiliate stuff and wasn’t that serious about the project - now he is and I want something better.

I’m thinking the best solution is a white label semi-custom solution. I know one company that could offer it and customize it to his needs. It would be more robust than the current solution. But if this is a wheel that’s been created already, then I’d rather go with something that’s got a proven track record.

Thanks for your input…

Re: [Off] Mainstream Product Affiliate Options?

Miva Merchant has a shopping cart with the affiliate program built in. It’s Paypal compatible. You can purchase the miva merchant software license, or get a host license at a significant discount.

Thanks… Have you actually used Miva? osCommerce is supposed to be PayPal compatible too, but it’s been nothing but headaches.

yes… I just sent you a PM

IMHO - it really depends on what the additional service (consulting) is for.

If he/they can avoid using a high risk processing solution (such as CNP or Card Not Present, and NPD or No Proof Of Deliver) then they can qualify for the extremely low merchant rates.

In such cases frequently there is a value add affiliate system depending on gateway on processor.

All of that aside:

We have had good results for mainstream and paypal using:
A)
zen-cart (a fork of OScommerce that you are using)
with
A heavily modified version of JRox.com (they have a developers version not listed on the site, that we then expanded)
B) Volusion.com

Both of these solutions are ‘ecommerce’ focused as opposed to the typical adult ‘membership’ or ‘recurring’ or ‘high risk’

Of course as PP won’t touch adult, it’s a self limiting set of solutions.

If you want to get more info about the specifics of what we have found you can email me. gaydemon @ jeffrandom.com

Hope that helps.