Odd Traffic Drop in a Blog

I have a blog called Uncut Latin Cock and the traffic fell sharply and almost overnight on June 5 to June 6.

Anyone else experience the same thing or have any idea what could have triggered this? Nothing was changed (added or removed) so it’s a mystery to me. I don’t have any sort of messages from Google in the tools area telling me of any problems so no clue.

google-graph.jpg

Re: Odd Traffic Drop in a Blog

One of the first things I’ve noticed is that you have a lot of the same content appearing in Google with different URL’s, relating to various categories.

If you run a search on “If there is one thing that is just too hot it’s watching an expert cocksucker suck a huge uncut Latin cock like this one! Martin’s got one of the biggest” (the latest update) it appears in Google 7 times, and you need to click to see omitted results. If you have any omitted results in Google it usually means they see a lot of your content as being unnecessary.

I would start rectifying your issues by reducing the categories for as many posts as you can. Choose a categorization (oral, anal, by site, performer etc) then use the tags to categorize for everything else.

I would also say that you need to provide more information for the scenes. I say this a lot, but it’s still true that Google loves reading and I still think at least 200 words for a post is the absolute minimum you should aim for. That might sound like a lot, but adding personality and comparing guys and scenes to experiences (real or otherwise) will give you more content and give you more of a connection to the readers out there. I would propose breaking up the posts so there’s a good layout of images or video at the top, with more text further down.

Image titles are more important now than they were even six months ago, in my opinion. If you’re publishing images with the file names as they arrive, you’re basically telling Google that you stole them from the first person to publish them, or at the very least that you’re not as committed to sharing this information as that other blogger is (and yes, we are still supposed to be bloggers in the traditional sense, not just affiliates selling every single update). If you publish a post of 100 words with ten images all unchanged, and another affiliate publishes a post with 300 words and unique titles and tags, and they update their blog every day, have a following, have comments etc, Google is likely to pick the other as the more “trusted” source for that information.

I hope that helps. These are just my opinions, others may disagree vehemently. They’re wrong lol

Interesting observations and analysis. I appreciate you taking the time to check and make the detailed suggestions!

Gives me a lot to think about and several changes/variables to experiment with - Thank you

[QUOTE=MiamiBoyz;150847]I have a blog called Uncut Latin Cock and the traffic fell sharply and almost overnight on June 5 to June 6.

Anyone else experience the same thing or have any idea what could have triggered this? Nothing was changed (added or removed) so it’s a mystery to me. I don’t have any sort of messages from Google in the tools area telling me of any problems so no clue.[/QUOTE]

What type of traffic went away? Google? You need to give more detail.

It’s really difficult to figure out. I did a quick check and there seems to be no duplicate content issues, no problems with the server responses… are you sure it’s just Google?

But any site with a smaller amount of traffic like 300, any change will look massive.

One cause could be that you haven’t published anything new since June 12th? It’s possible that you don’t update it regularly.

Have you tried to get your blog listed in different directories? Without any incoming links or listings you won’t get much traffic. There are a few places to submit like my own GayDemon Directory and Wired (need separate accounts).