odd sized banner sizes?

back when, the most common banner sizes were 468x60 and 120x60. these days, with bigger pages and other differences, there are common things like board header banners (usually 700 or 710 pixels wide) that have cropped up.

what would you say the most common odd-sized banners are - or at least the most useful ones?

Re: odd sized banner sizes?

For me, the only real odd size i use is 600px high x 120px wide.

I still mainly use 468x60px, simply because when using a large amount of banners through a banner program like OpenAds, its very difficult to use different sized banners. If you deply them through out a site it needs all to be the same size.

No one ever seems to make enough blogsized ads in the adult industry. 150x200 sure would be handy!

Oh you mean vertical ones for sidebars on blogs? Yes, thats a good one but not that often sponsors have it.

I wind up having to make up my own banner ad in those dimensions. Most times I do email the affiliate manager explaining my problem, but I never get a response back. So I wind up having to make my own banner in those measurements. Those are though to find.

Yeah there does seem to be a lack of those ‘blog type’ banners. For myself I wind up making many of my own, and stopped asking sponsors, as they rarely reply. There are exceptions, Michael from Tropixxx is one. Mind you I like to have mine a bit longer than 200px, as my pages are long, and I like to run them about 400.

Also some good banners for the content pages. Now UK Naked Men has some damn hot one’s in their promo pages, that I recently noticed. Not in their banner farm, but in their promo download… they are great for ending a post with. :cool:

Here are some sample blog size banners. Iframes work great and are very east to add to WP blogs as text widgets
http://g.barebacked.com/promos/iframes/

Do you mean the banners that look like this? We create them for our tour and member’s area, hence the odd size. But we would love affiliates to use them more often. http://www.uknakedmen.com/promo-content.html

Btw, all reasonable banner requests from affiliates are not a problem for us. Just allow us a few days to get them done. :slight_smile:

chauffeur.jpg

Nah, the ones just smaller than that… think they run 468x300 or something. Same look, just smaller as the content field is usually 500px or bit less.

I am starting to use them… :cool:

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;13323]Nah, the ones just smaller than that… think they run 468x300 or something. Same look, just smaller as the content field is usually 500px or bit less.

I am starting to use them… :cool:[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, we make them in 2 sizes… 600px and 468px wide.

It would make sense to have some that are the same width as the common video sizes.

With most video codecs the width and height must be divisible by 4 (and some I think by 8). Which gives us the standard sizes: 320x240, 384x288, 480x360, 640x480.

Anyone who has designed pages, splitting the standard page width into boxes/columns, and now especially with the need to fit in videos, knows that the standard banner sizes and those offered by Google are a hopeless mismatch.

If banners and text ads came in the typical video widths imagine how nicely they would fit above or below an embedded clip.

how time consuming would it be for sites to have a repository of design elements (e.g. logos with transparent backgrounds, misc graphics like “hot men”, etc) along with plain photos for people to make their own banners?

We have odd sized banners as well, but it is always a crap shoot when modifying pre-made banners because I never know when resizing and cropping will chop off words or an important boner.

[quote=DirtyRatStudios;13342]It would make sense to have some that are the same width as the common video sizes.

With most video codecs the width and height must be divisible by 4 (and some I think by 8). Which gives us the standard sizes: 320x240, 384x288, 480x360, 640x480.

Anyone who has designed pages, splitting the standard page width into boxes/columns, and now especially with the need to fit in videos, knows that the standard banner sizes and those offered by Google are a hopeless mismatch.

If banners and text ads came in the typical video widths imagine how nicely they would fit above or below an embedded clip.[/quote]

Man, that would make things look so much better… and it certainly would create a much cleaner display to the customer. :cool: