number of pics in sponsor content sets

a lot of sponsors offer from 8 to 12 pics per content set, but that’s often not enough. they’re often surprised or irritable when i tell them, so here is why affiliates often need more than 12 pics per content set.

for one thing, pics for blogs need to be bigger than they used to be, so if the pics are under 550 pixels wide, more are needed to make a blog collage. for another thing, galleries to be posted on tgps need at least 15 pics. and freesites need to have 50 pics, but generally have only 4 galleries. then there’s a question of variety - often out of 10 or 12 pics, there are some that look very similar. a blog collage that sells doesn’t have 2 pics that look almost the same.

so how about it, sponsors? how about more pics per set so we can have more to choose from and get the most use out of each zip set you offer?

Re: number of pics in sponsor content sets

We offer 16 pics 480x720 pixels for content set and FHG at AlexanderBucks.com

Hope it is enough :smiley:

It very much depends. We have found that the bloggers that post the entire set in one group get far fewer sales then the bloggers that post no more than 4. With our particular type of photography, giving anyone 50 images from one set is out of the question since that would comprise one entire gallery. Then when a member joins, they rightly feel that they have seen ‘all that before’ especially since most our members indicate they joined for one particular model. That is why our image galleries are not made up of 100 images per set (not to mention that fact that it is pretty much impossible to get 100 images that are really great in a studio setting that should be grouped together. Especially when each pose is to be unique.) We have one affiliate that is a successful gallery creator, but the bulk of our producers are bloggers. When we used to send out 2 or 3 images directly attached to an email, they did much better with those then they did when we started sending out image sets. We are considering returning to that model.

While we are talking about images, what is it with affiliates that take the time to cut off the watermarks? Then they dump all that content out on the net to be picked up by picture collecting groups from yahoo and google. These images do us and the affiliate zero good.

[QUOTE=basschick;29036]
for one thing, pics for blogs need to be bigger than they used to be, so if the pics are under 550 pixels wide, more are needed to make a blog collage. for another thing, galleries to be posted on tgps need at least 15 pics.[/QUOTE]

I would disagree one of the points you raised. Maybe we submit to different TGPs, but I dont know of any major ones which require a minimum of 15 pics per gallery. For most the minimum is 12 pics.

Also for blog collages, I tend to use between 6 and 10 pics, I’ve never made one 550 px wide containing 15 pics. I think the resulting collage would end up with too large a filesize and make loading the whole blog very slow.

you guys are missing my point about variety. i’m not saying to USE 15 pics in a blog collage - we use 4 to 6, but variety and size are a big factor. usually there are like 3 to 4 pics of a guy lying down or standing in close to the same position. not very useful unless the pics are huge enough to crop into a closeup or 2. also if you send 6 pics, that means that virtually every site with a blog will have mostly the same pics showing - send more and the blog collages become less like each other - unless there’s one or two sellar pics and the rest are similar to one another, which does happen with some sponsors.

and since the width of the blog collages is 570, that means that if a sponsor gives us pics that are less than 570, we have to use them at 285 pixels wide and use twice as many to make the collage big enough. unless the pics really bring something to the party, i’d rather just go with 570 pixels wide.

all the tgps who i’ve found to send me the best traffic and sales require 15 pics or - at the very least - give preference to galleries with 15 pics over those with 12 pics. at those, we discovered that if the site had tons of galleries submitted, the 12 pic one might not be listed but the 15 pic ones always were.

We have 15 pictures per set 400 X 600. If WMs need bigger pictures, we provide them on demand.

Hey Basschick, thanks for posting this thread.

I’ve wondered about the proper size of a gallery - we offer galleries with 15 photos that are high res (1200x1800) and I’ve always wondered if that was too few, too many, too large…

But then the photos are not what we sell, so it makes a difference from our model. We have 100 high res photos for every striptease, all of which are available to webmasters to use as they see fit - they are also bonus content for the consumers.

But, given the feedback in this thread, I think that our galleries have the right number of images but perhaps the file sizes should be smaller?

for me, the bigger the pics, the better. that way i can resize, crop or do what works for the collage :slight_smile:

[quote=Maryflixxx;29047]Hey Basschick, thanks for posting this thread.

I’ve wondered about the proper size of a gallery - we offer galleries with 15 photos that are high res (1200x1800) and I’ve always wondered if that was too few, too many, too large…

But then the photos are not what we sell, so it makes a difference from our model. We have 100 high res photos for every striptease, all of which are available to webmasters to use as they see fit - they are also bonus content for the consumers.

But, given the feedback in this thread, I think that our galleries have the right number of images but perhaps the file sizes should be smaller?[/quote]

I also tried to send out 15-20 pics per zip file. The amount I chose really depended on the shoot. If I could get enough variety, I would add more. If the shoot didn’t offer enough variety, it would be less. I mean there is no reason to send a zip file with 20 pics of the models cock. As long as the shoot had enough variety, I would always try and give as many pics as I could. Picking out the pics for a set actually took more time than many thought. You find one good pic in a pose, then you find a better pic, then you even find a better pic. Pretty soon you are going crazy as to what pics are the best. But, if a shoot has enough interesting poses, then the more the better.

p.s. I believe that sponsors need to be mindful of affiliates needs. Some affiliates have niched sites, like uncut, armpit, huge cock etc. So, you need to make sure that you offer enough variety to cater to all affiliates. If the model is 9 inches uncut and you only show a far away shot of his cock, then you are not helping some affiliates at all.

It’s not likely that the affiliate is actually doing that. It’s more likely some surfer that saved the pics from an affiliates gallery or the sites tour and posted them elsewhere. In some cases, members of sites will post photos from the member’s area as well as videos.

I agree with Patti … as much as some webmasters may appreciate everything setup to say 800x … it’s really a bitch when I’m trying to layout something a bit different for a design made for 1024x screens, and using a piece of an 800x to do it.

Actually, some affiliates are doing it. Most members who save and share do not take the time to cut off watermark and copyright info. Some affiliates will cut off our watermarks and put their own on. Or they will cut off our watermarks and use none. Checking the actual blogs and closely monitoring the blogs of a sponsors affiliate group is pretty key. Some of them will even use the content of one site to promote another.

The point I am trying to make is that sending out anything without oversight is not smart. Knowing how much we all pay for the content we produce, means that we can not just toss it out into cyberspace and hope for the best. Give me 12 pics, give me 20 pics, give me unfettered access to your members area so I can create my own pay site (ooops did I say that out loud).

Basschick is totally right.

Nowadays, if I sign up to a sponsor and see small clusters of pics in small sizes, I shake my head and usually never go back to see if they’ve figured out it’s not 2002 anymore.

We need variety, in order to make sales tools, galleries and freesites or blog entries or what have you, that look fresh and different from the rest of he crowd.

Give us big sets of big pics or don’t even bother. Let us resize and trim as needed.

The same with movies. Let us have variety.

This will of course not always be the case with specialty sites and limited content sites. Still, you specialty site guys will have a more loyal affiliate base if you give them the tools they need to sell your site.