Now it is Version 3.0.3

Guess WP didn’t get it right, when they released 3.0.2 to fix some security holes. Basically this release is about how some posters, with certain authorities, can alter or delete posts that aren’t theirs.

From Wordpress
Fixes issues in the XML-RPC remote publishing interface which under certain circumstances allowed Author- and Contributor-level users to improperly edit, publish or delete posts.

Somehow, just doesn’t seem all that important for most of us, unless you have guest bloggers. whistle

[SIZE=3]One NOTE >[/SIZE] Contributors are usually what WP assigns to RSS FEED ORIGINATORS. In other words, if you get a feed, they are assigned as a contributor. How this impacts your blog, I am not sure, but something to think about before deciding whether to wait or not, in upgrading.

Re: Now it is Version 3.0.3

I’m keeping well away from their releases. I’ll wait until 3.1 or something. Bloody nutters who designed Word Press and I don’t think they test it properly before releasing it.

i have updated all my wp blogs via the auto-update feature and all worked fine.

In some cases, I’d agree totally, but then too, it is hard to test for everything, which is one reason they seem to come out with fixes, so often. Still, with the MS version it is a one click for it all, and with the regular install, the one click per blog works much better than the old style of deleting, uploading.

Frankly, a lot of the issues pop up due to the many plugins and themes that can cause holes, or find holes, or whatever it is called :bang: that are missed in any regular testing. Least from what little, I understand of the whole techie side of it lol

It is crazy, but then again, some of these security holes just have to be patched up. This is such a popular script, too many hackers out there to just give it a short, write a script that crawls for blogs that are not up to date and bring them down.

Just backup your blog and upgrade it automatically. Mine went smoothly in a matter of seconds.

Not so easy when you host 100s of people’s blogs. If something goes wrong I’ll have a lot of emails to answer. :wink: