Not Updating RSS

What is it about some sponsors, who load you up with promotional tools, like RSS feeds, then flake out on delivering them on a regular basis? I mean some haven’t updated in eons, though other aspects of their site have, others are simply hit and miss.

How is that supposed to make affiliates have confidence in them? :bang:

Re: Not Updating RSS

I was wondering about that myself a few weeks ago when I started adding hosted blogs to my own blog rolls and was still working on my sites blog. I visited a number of sponsor blogs that looked very nice but only had 5-12 posts that were months old. Regretfully, I didn’t add them but I still update the recent additions section of my blog as many send weekly updates.

I made sure to have at least 12 posts up on my sites blog so that affiliates could see that it does only update once a week and not have any false expectations of daily updates.

Just to be fair though, there are some nice sponsor blogs that I like a lot and they do update a few times a week. One of the things on my list for 2010 is to set up a few blogs in blogs organizer and use some sponsor feeds along with hand written post and see how they do with very niche specific themes. I’ll definetely be adding the ones that update regular like first.

Yes, I find this frustrating as well. I update the UKScallyLads feed at least once a week, but I usually try for twice. In the new year I’ll be doing it three times a week, as I really feel that is best for assuring there are consistent posts.

This is probably a time issue I would imagine with a lot of sponsors. The thing is, they could hire someone like me to post 3 times a week for about $40 and never have to worry about it. :wink:

Daily isn’t really an issue for me, if a sponsor updates once a week, twice a week, I think that is what it should be. I hate it when they ‘say’ they’ll update weekly, that turns into monthly, then every six weeks, or just simply, suddenly stops updating.

Yes, issues can happen, such as needing to do other things that crop up, but geez, a note saying this or that won’t be updated for a bit, or something, would be nice. :bang:

Oh I certainly agree 100%.