No more Support Tickets at Host Gator

Just an FYI for anyone here like me who has some blogs on Host Gator shared hosting: they no longer give you the option of submitting support tickets for problems or questions. You must either call or get into chat, both of which can take a looooonnng time.

I don’t like this at all and found their old support ticket system a great option for non-urgent matters. I could submit a ticket, go about my daily business and within a few hours or the next day get a response. Now I have to wait and wait until someone picks up on the phone or enters chat.

Maybe its time for me to finally get away from Host Gator. Anyone have suggestions for reasonably priced shared hosting that provides a support ticket option?

Re: No more Support Tickets at Host Gator

Oh shit.
I know why…

HostGator Sold to EIG For $225 million USD

Run!

Don’t wait. Move everything you can as soon as possible to a company NOT owned by EIG.
All they do is crowd servers and run a shitty service, they buy up companies and run them into the dirt.
Do a little searching on EIG and you’ll see thousands upon thousands of complaints.
Make sure whatever you do read is an independent source too, EIG has a few hundred fake blogs out there writing propaganda for their brands on fake “comparison” style sites.

Certified Hosting aka NakedHosting is at least one host to check into

[QUOTE=conran;169905]Oh shit.
I know why…

HostGator Sold to EIG For $225 million USD

Run!

Don’t wait. Move everything you can as soon as possible to a company NOT owned by EIG.
All they do is crowd servers and run a shitty service, they buy up companies and run them into the dirt.
Do a little searching on EIG and you’ll see thousands upon thousands of complaints.
Make sure whatever you do read is an independent source too, EIG has a few hundred fake blogs out there writing propaganda for their brands on fake “comparison” style sites.[/QUOTE]

Isn’t EIG the same people that own Arvixe? If so I agree RUN!

Yep.
I’m still trying to move my sites from Arvixe at the moment.
Had a ticket open about one of our sites being down three days ago for about 6 hours, they finally answered last night and said “well, it seems to be up now”.
No concern about what caused it, no checking to prevent it from happening again…

I got away from Host Gator a long time ago. As soon as they emailed me to let me know I couldn’t host my own videos (not a lot) on shared servers I ran away immediately.

Personally speaking, I don’t like Certified Hosting. When they were under the name of ‘Naked Hosting’ they were great. Then they got too big for their britches, IMO. I was with them for over 10 years but finally cut ties. Others may have better experiences with them though. They’ve been around for many years for a reason.

I host most of my sites myself now, but do have a small plan with HawkHost for less relevant hosting and email servers. Their support is quite good and while they don’t offer a lot of space with their basic shared plans, I overlook that for the up-time, support and options.

My 2 cents CAD.

I’ve been with certified for years and can say they’re great

[QUOTE=kinky_jack;169919]I got away from Host Gator a long time ago. As soon as they emailed me to let me know I couldn’t host my own videos (not a lot) on shared servers I ran away immediately.

Personally speaking, I don’t like Certified Hosting. When they were under the name of ‘Naked Hosting’ they were great. Then they got too big for their britches, IMO. I was with them for over 10 years but finally cut ties. Others may have better experiences with them though. They’ve been around for many years for a reason.

I host most of my sites myself now, but do have a small plan with HawkHost for less relevant hosting and email servers. Their support is quite good and while they don’t offer a lot of space with their basic shared plans, I overlook that for the up-time, support and options.

My 2 cents CAD.[/QUOTE]

Hi all

Regarding Certified Hosting, Tony, the owner of NationalNet recently bought it and is investing for the long term with it. They have increased the tech support staff and moved the company into new headquarters with a real NOC to be able to support the new growth expected, so you might give Certified another try.

Just thought I would toss that in there :slight_smile:

– Bill

i’ve been with certified for years, and i’m sorry to hear that things will be changing. our support has been great with certified - been with them for around ten years. maybe we’ve been lucky but we’ve been with a lot of hosts and certified has been home for us.

I used Certified/Naked Hosting once and was not happy with their support. Maybe the new owners will improve in that area.

Anyone use Bluehost, or are they under EIG also? How the heck do you find out if a host company is owned by EIG?

Heres quite a good list, although not sure how up to date it is: (scroll to subsidiaries)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

“You will be assimilated.” “Resistance is futile.”

You won’t like their next acquisition. Stay tuned.

[QUOTE=gumdrop;170008]“You will be assimilated.” “Resistance is futile.”

You won’t like their next acquisition. Stay tuned.[/QUOTE]

Oh if you have gossip gumdrop you cant keep us hanging like that!