Ning -> SocialGo -> Zocku -> $$$

Well, a lot of the Ning sites moved to SocialGo. But SocialGo seems to have decided they don’t want adult under that brand so they’re making them move to Zocku which is the same as SocialGo, but differently branded and a white label solution so they’re not really all that associated with the Zocku branding.

Zocku is charging money, but their bandwidth allocations are completely unrealistic for sites that are doing video sharing (pity). For $50/month a site gets 70 GB of bandwidth and that can be upped to 120 GB for and additional $10/month. I don’t host that many videos, they’re all short promo clips, and I use half a terabyte/month - there’s no way a video sharing site can manage with 120 GB/month. IF (big if) they let sites keep adding 50 GB for $10 each the price comes out about the same as what I’m paying - about $150/month for 1.2 TB. But sites doing video sharing have to be using many terabytes of bandwidth and there’s no bulk discounts for bandwidth mentioned anywhere which means they’re essentially paying top dollar for their bandwidth. 666

Bottom line is the video sharing sites are going to have to start putting up real money and that may be their demise… Funny how well capitalism is working in this case… :wink:

Re: Ning -> SocialGo -> Zocku -> $$$

i am happy to see this, hopefully it will mean less stolen videos and copyright infringements.