new updates verses older content

Do you always go for the newest content from your sponsors, and ASAP after it comes out? Or does that matter to you - or does it matter anyhow? Do you use older (weeks, month, years) content as often as new, or more, or does this make no difference to you or in general?

Re: new updates verses older content

Personally, I have used some very old content from sponsors to make free sites or blog posts for specific theme like self sucking, tattoos, guys with glasses, etc and they do well.
For my blogs I like to use newer stuff more so that when a surfer clicks thru they see the model of interest right near the front of the tour or link right to the model’s page if the sponsor allows it.

I’m sure that others will chime in but, IMO the age of content doesn’t matter. I still get sales from free sites that I did two years ago and blog posts from over a year ago. If a surfer likes what they see no matter the age, they will click and buy.

Me too, I schedule my posts a week ahead so some will always be old when it gets published even if the blog was written when the content was fresh.

It’s also hard to find content that “speaks” to you sometimes and you might have to dig deeper and further back to find something that suit your purpose.

I guess there is value in posting something that is very fresh and just released, it’s a way to compete with other blogs. But unless you’re running a extremly popular and massive blog I doubt it will make big difference to you. I’ve never worried about it and GayDemon’s blog seems decently popular.

That is good. I am finding the same thing looking for content. No matter what sponsor, some models and pics work much better for particular blogs and purposes than other content. I am finding really hot things done in 2009 and 2008 and plan on posting them. My own hotometer :happy: tells me what to put up. If I feel that hot about some pics then I figure go with it. I plan on using new updates, too. Just is limiting compared to a whole portfolio to look through.

When I started out I only promoted half a dozen sites. There were times when I knew the updates that week were just not going to get the click throughs from my visitors. So, I would publish the new content and include an older update of something people really liked before.

Also, sometimes models get bad haircuts or the photos don’t really do them justice. So, on rare occasions I will say something like “these photos don’t do him justice! look at him in this other update and you can tell he’s a hottie” and include an older/better photo.

HEY - first post here at GayDemon.

Via my daily blogs - I post what interests me. Sometimes I am cutting edge current and sometimes I am forced to post something old, the current week offerings being droll or the same model seen elsewhere countless times too recently.

As you wrote Tim use your “hotometer” - that is what I do.

Just like a blog, Paysites grow and evolve. I would question posting images from 2008 as you mentioned. Unless you are sure that current style of photography is the same and they did not recently upgrade to HD video and HighRez photos.

The overly large popular blogs like QueerClick just throws every thing against the wall hoping that something will stick, like testing for “pasta al dente” - eventually a visitor will see something he likes.

It depends on the site I am promoting. For sponsor sites that are being promoted by many affiliates, I rather pick some older content - which might look unique to surfers now.

BTW: Welcome to GD Kansas

[QUOTE=kansas;66179]HEY - first post here at GayDemon.

Via my daily blogs - I post what interests me. Sometimes I am cutting edge current and sometimes I am forced to post something old, the current week offerings being droll or the same model seen elsewhere countless times too recently.

As you wrote Tim use your “hotometer” - that is what I do.

Just like a blog, Paysites grow and evolve. I would question posting images from 2008 as you mentioned. Unless you are sure that current style of photography is the same and they did not recently upgrade to HD video and HighRez photos.

The overly large popular blogs like QueerClick just throws every thing against the wall hoping that something will stick, like testing for “pasta al dente” - eventually a visitor will see something he likes.[/QUOTE]

Welcome, thanks for joining!

sometimes using older content - several years old - can have the same results as new content because lots of guys either didn’t see the old stuff or forgot about it.

Hi, everyone, this is my second post. I just wrote on the thread started by Tim on posting photos on WP sites. Tim, I want to thank you for raising these questions, because they’re mine as well, since my blog is still new. I don’t really have a question on this issue – well, I did, but now it’s been answered! I have been posting some older photos, too, mostly from muscle sites like Manifest Men and Mark Wolff, and I’m glad to hear that people think it can be profitable to do so. Re: the point about hi res photos, any older ones I use have to be hi-res, because large photos are what I like to use as often as possible (768x1024 for vertical photos being the perfect size for my site). Thanks again to Tim, and to everyone else for sharing your knowledge and experience!