New Forum Topic Ideas, Please :)

the TGPs and Galleries forum isn’t exactly red-hot. as far as i know, most of the board members here don’t run tgp, and don’t seem to ask for gallery help or info.

that being the case, what topic WOULD you like to see on a separate forum - if any? one for newbies getting started? a critique forum where anyone here is welcome to post their latest banner, site, header or idea and get it critiqued?

anyway, we need your feedback, so if you have an idea, please post it here :slight_smile:

thanks!

Re: New Forum Topic Ideas, Please :slight_smile:

AND

Should we keep the TGP forum category on its own or just merge it with the main forum and not keep it seperate?

In the long run a tube forum wouldn’t be too bad, maybe it’s a bit too early atm though :wink:

I think someone mentioned a while back that perhaps there should be a separate topic for general chit chat and fun stuff and then one purely for business things. I reckon that was quite a good idea.

Although it might not be red-hot, I have found some useful info under TGP so perhaps it should stay - easier to find stuff.

I believe more forums should be consolidated.

[QUOTE=gaydemon_jr;29918]I think someone mentioned a while back that perhaps there should be a separate topic for general chit chat and fun stuff and then one purely for business things. I reckon that was quite a good idea.

Although it might not be red-hot, I have found some useful info under TGP so perhaps it should stay - easier to find stuff.[/QUOTE]

For what its worth I tend to go along with that suggestion, for a few reasons, one being that I do personally run a few TGP’s and have found some useful stuff there…

This is actually a good idea. Seems like tubes are the way to go now. All I have been doing lately is Flash Videos!

[QUOTE=basschick;29886]the TGPs and Galleries forum isn’t exactly red-hot. as far as i know, most of the board members here don’t run tgp, and don’t seem to ask for gallery help or info.

that being the case, what topic WOULD you like to see on a separate forum - if any? one for newbies getting started? a critique forum where anyone here is welcome to post their latest banner, site, header or idea and get it critiqued?

anyway, we need your feedback, so if you have an idea, please post it here :slight_smile:

thanks![/QUOTE]

What i think should be added to forums like this is a Glossary.
So newbies could look first in the glossary to understand first
what a specific abbreviation means ie. DMCA, and such. I think this would also
eleviate threads that would ask questions what is… and start threads that would be I know that this is and i have a question in how to …
im not sure if i am getting my point across correctly.
raunchpup

we had actually started one here
http://www.gaydemon.biz/showthread.php?t=2578&highlight=freesites

[quote=raunchpup;30088]What i think should be added to forums like this is a Glossary.
So newbies could look first in the glossary to understand first
what a specific abbreviation means ie. DMCA, and such. I think this would also
eleviate threads that would ask questions what is… and start threads that would be I know that this is and i have a question in how to …
im not sure if i am getting my point across correctly.
raunchpup[/quote]

I think a newbie forum would be great and also I think a tube site forum would be a welcome and targeted forum. I’d leave the TGP forum, as it does have value to several and I think maybe separating the Webmaster fun stuff from the Webmaster business would also be a good idea.

I usually read only the main forum, and totally ignore the fun topic on a board that does this. As long as the main forum isn’t totally taken over with non business related topics, I like a mix of them on the same forum section.

[QUOTE=basschick;29886]the TGPs and Galleries forum isn’t exactly red-hot. as far as i know, most of the board members here don’t run tgp, and don’t seem to ask for gallery help or info.

thanks![/QUOTE]

Here is a topic that would be a help for newbies and others. “404 error pages”
how to handle and what is it.
pup

[quote=gaydemon;29909]AND

Should we keep the TGP forum category on its own or just merge it with the main forum and not keep it seperate?[/quote]

How about merging it with also a LINK forum? Where people can post their link trades or traffic trades? It is sort of related.

call it TGPs & LINK Trades or something like that? whistle

thanks![/QUOTE]

HOW ABout a Real FAQ ? one that deals with frequently asked questions dealing with all terms and tech stuff. i would think that would be a big help to some new people that come to the board. An be good as a reference point for all.
raunchpup

I noticed that on other boards “tutorial” topics with various tips, ideas, helpful articles get a lot of attention and stimulate discussion. Webmaster Discussion topic on GayDemon is pretty much business targeted itself, but I think a separate topic with good articles will never harm especially if they are helpful not only for newbies but also for the general webmaster auditorium.

I don’t know what the legal ramifications would be but how about a program shit list? For programs that are known scammers, produce CP, run illegal tube sites, continually bounce checks or stop paying…

As for getting Rid of the TGP (or adding it to the main form) why not just add the heading ‘+TUBE’ to it ?

Afterall they are all pretty much the same and it would keep an older catagory current until it’s ready to die on its own.

Just my 2c

Cheers
D

Being able to put a list of “friends” together (like MySpace or FaceBook), and create an address book, with one option for organizing the address book being a (Google) Map - world or specific continent… like www.Xing.com or www.aardvarkmap.net .

We have “friends/contacts” for various reasons: geographic, customer, supplier, specific resource, etc.

The members list should tell us what role members play- webmaster, studio, program sponsor, affiliate, talent, photographer, videographer, CC processor, etc., so we can pick and choose our “friends” appropriately, without extensive messaging to determine what users here do.

I don’t know if this php BB script has a social networking module, which would facilitate being able to create a “friends” list, but most social networking scripts (Joomla, Drupal, et.al.) have a forum module.

One of the first things I did with a php based script like this was tweak the code to make the Copyright statement at the bottom of the page read the system date, and keep the copyright year current.

[quote=Karl;37939]Being able to put a list of “friends” together (like MySpace or FaceBook), and create an address book, with one option for organizing the address book being a (Google) Map - world or specific continent… like www.Xing.com or www.aardvarkmap.net .

We have “friends/contacts” for various reasons: geographic, customer, supplier, specific resource, etc.

The members list should tell us what role members play- webmaster, studio, program sponsor, affiliate, talent, photographer, videographer, CC processor, etc., so we can pick and choose our “friends” appropriately, without extensive messaging to determine what users here do.

I don’t know if this php BB script has a social networking module, which would facilitate being able to create a “friends” list, but most social networking scripts (Joomla, Drupal, et.al.) have a forum module.

One of the first things I did with a php based script like this was tweak the code to make the Copyright statement at the bottom of the page read the system date, and keep the copyright year current.[/quote]

Check the user cp and you’ll find the social groups are there, feel free to start your own. there is also a friends list, plus an album and picture feature.

This deserves a higher ranking that being a sub menu of User CP.

Moderators should think through, and create the member groups - just as they create forum topic ideas.