Need suggestions for a low maintenance tube site

I was just scanning through my list of domains and saw that I had a tube related one that I’ve never really done anything with. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion for what I can put on it. Preferably something that would display video previews in a tube-like format but also something I could set up once and leave on auto-pilot.

Re: Need suggestions for a low maintenance tube site

http://www.hostedtube.com/

http://publisher.adultcentro.com/

get a copy of TubeX from JMBSoft (its cheap, just $25) and then load it with some XML feeds, like the ones that we offer on HunkMoney, BritishBucks or LatinoBucks, as do quite a few other programs. Done! Instant auto-updating tube site that is not linked to one specific affiliate program or content supplier :slight_smile:

Great suggestions… thank you! HostedTube looks interesting but I’m not that familiar with the people who run it, PimpRoll. Do they have gay content? And it looks like the way you make money with that site is from placing your own banners, correct? As for AdultCentro I don’t want to pay $99 a month.

And Luke, do you happen to have a contact email for JMB Soft? I have a question I want to send them but there is no contact link on their site (which doesn’t seem like a good sign).

He’s not taking any questions. Everything is done thru the support forums. I have two TubeX licenses. The script is open so you can mod it anyway you like. It works well and you can’t beat the price. As well it’s very low maintenance once you set it up.

[QUOTE=msm;107530]Great suggestions… thank you! HostedTube looks interesting but I’m not that familiar with the people who run it, PimpRoll. Do they have gay content? And it looks like the way you make money with that site is from placing your own banners, correct? As for AdultCentro I don’t want to pay $99 a month.

And Luke, do you happen to have a contact email for JMB Soft? I have a question I want to send them but there is no contact link on their site (which doesn’t seem like a good sign).[/QUOTE]

I’ll second gumdrop that TubeX is very good… Luckily I got mine while JMB was still around answering emails personally because I had many questions… It’s a little tricky to get set up and going but once you get the hang of it it’s a great piece of software.

Sincerely
Kevin.

yeah, support is only via the forum: http://www.jmbsoft.com/forum/
but you need an account with them to access the forum, you can get an account if you have ever purchased any jmb product previously. If you want, lmk the question and I can search for the solution and/or post it as a question.

I was just wondering if JMB also offers an installation service for the program and if so what does he charge?

It has a self install script that’s good. Main thing is if you are converting videos then you need a good ffmpeg install ie.

• mencoder
  • mplayer
  • ffmpeg
  • yamdi
  • MP4Box

Also try the server test script at:
https://secure.jmbsoft.com/software/tubex/

BTW I always help people for free that buy services from me ie. domains, hosting etc. :wink:

One thing to keep in mind is that Jeremy designed some good scripts, but he is no longer officially supporting them like he use to. That is why the price is so low. I had issues setting up TubeX, so I would suggest having someone do it for you.

You should be able to get your host to get all those server prerequisites installed, and as gumdrop says, after that its easy!

Further, it’s not that Jeremy doesn’t want to do support but it just boils down to economics. He can’t afford too. Because the business and sales aren’t what they used to be in the past.

Agreed. Jeremy is a good guy. Too bad he couldn’t keep it going. He is an amazing programmer.

Well, he hasn’t abandoned the software. He’s got mouths to feed. His last project TradeX was a brilliant piece of software. Beat the pants off anything out there.

If Jeremy needs cash he should also offer an install service for customers who don’t want to hassle with it. I’m sure there are people who would pay for his time… if he only provided a way to contact him. It seems odd that you guys are saying he’s a whiz programmer and he doesn’t know how to put a simple contact form with captcha on his site. If he’s afraid he’d be swamped by emails, well, maybe that’s a sign that he could be making more money?

Anyhow, I looked at a bunch of the TubeX demo sites and quite frankly was not that impressed. The load times seemed to be very long and a lot of the demo sites were abandoned or off-line, which makes me wonder if putting together a tube site is really worth it.

If any of you guys who use TubeX care to share your sites please do. Maybe if I see a really good one I’ll get inspired to try it myself.

Well try ask him:
[email protected]

[QUOTE=msm;107604]If Jeremy needs cash he should also offer an install service for customers who don’t want to hassle with it. I’m sure there are people who would pay for his time… if he only provided a way to contact him. It seems odd that you guys are saying he’s a whiz programmer and he doesn’t know how to put a simple contact form with captcha on his site. If he’s afraid he’d be swamped by emails, well, maybe that’s a sign that he could be making more money?

Anyhow, I looked at a bunch of the TubeX demo sites and quite frankly was not that impressed. The load times seemed to be very long and a lot of the demo sites were abandoned or off-line, which makes me wonder if putting together a tube site is really worth it.

If any of you guys who use TubeX care to share your sites please do. Maybe if I see a really good one I’ll get inspired to try it myself.[/QUOTE]

People that would invest $1300 in something like mechanical bunny would probably stick with their investment longer than someone putting $25 into their tube software.

Being a whizz in php doesnt mean that he knows how to install such ugly monsters as ffmpeg. I will happily program in php all day and all night, but ask me to install a multi-media server with mencoder/ffmpeg/et al, and I’ll worm my way out of it as hard as I can. This software is a real bitch to install unless you’ve got a completely clean linux installation. As soon as a few libraries and add-ons have been installed, all sorts of problems and conflicts crop up when trying to install them. Even when using no-brainer installations such as yum.

I have ffmpeg set up with TubeX no problem. Yes, it takes a bit of work however it works flawlessly.

This is EXACTLY why I host with NationalNet, I got all these requirements setup on multiple servers with about 30 seconds work on my part (opening a ticket). :smiley:

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think I’ll just go with an AEBN tube feeder for now.