Need Advice on Selling Content

I am looking to sell several solo videos we shot recently (qty. of 4 or possibly 6). This content is 100% exclusive & has never been seen by anyone, anywhere.

I’ve never sold content before and beyond these scenes, am really not looking to get into that part of the business. I just have these scenes that I need to offload as I will not be using them myself.

What do you think will command the best price?

1. Master Tape
  2. Raw Un-edited AVI
  3. Edited MPEG2 w/image captures

Would you try to sell these as exclusive content to one person or go through a site such as MaxPixels and have them licensed out to many sites.

The look, feel & location of the scene is very similar to these:

Nathan
Justin

Any advice is appreciated.

Oh and BTW, if you happen to be interested, let me know, I’m working on samples right now.

Re: Need Advice on Selling Content

honestly it would partly depend on niche and quality of content. high quality content i’d probably try to sell exclusively to one person or company at a higher price. amateur quality lighting or photography, average models or a really broad niche might convince me to go with brokers, instead.

if you are willing to go semi exclusive, you could turn your content into a “dvd” and sell the edited videos to several video sites like videosz, gayvideobox, the topbucks video site, etc. then you could also send the dvd off to various ppv companies and get some revshare forever.

when i have bought exclusive content, i prefer to get unedited original materials although if there are edited materials, i’ll happily take those, as well. also need model release and i.d. shots.

Re: Need Advice on Selling Content

Thanks Basschick.

I guess what I’ll do is packaged them up, create some samples and then see what the interest is.

I’m really trying to avoid having to manage this content down the road so I’m not sure about the DVD site & PPV route. I’m looking more to just sell it, file away the required docs and be done with it.

Oh and, yes of course I have the releases and ID’s. I forgot that I also have still photos available for each model too.