NatNet response times

Has anyone else noticed that NatNet’s response times have slowed from “incredibly fast” to “average”? It used to be that you’d put in a ticket and it would get resolved almost as fast as humanly possible. Now you put in a ticket and they’ll assign it quickly, but then it feels like they don’t start working on it for an hour or so. I mean it’s fast enough I suppose, but it’s not the same level of support that they used to have.

Re: NatNet response times

I noticed this a while ago. Its a ball ache when you need an email setting up, or an FTP. :frowning:

We moved most of HunkMoney / EmoProfits etc to isPrime now.

We’ve noticed this too. Its not terrible but slower than they used to be in years past. Still A+ service.

Jimmy

still “incredibly fast” here

I had something come up a few weeks ago and they were on it right away. It wasn’t even critical. Thankfully we don’t need their assistance all that often.

National Net is still by far the best host I’ve ever dealt with and I came into this business (adult) from a web hosting background.

Can’t say that I have any complaints either. I’m not a fan of ticket systems, but I know Daniel uses the ticket system when he needs help or questions answered. Haven’t heard any complaints from across the pond from him. Me however, I just pick up the phone and call and absolutely love the fact that I get a real person answering the phone 24/7.

No speed issues with Nat Net’s response times here either. :slight_smile: About two weeks ago we had a server problem and they were responding right away and did quickly everything to help us finding out what was wrong.

[QUOTE=Richard;122039]I noticed this a while ago. Its a ball ache when you need an email setting up, or an FTP. :frowning:

We moved most of HunkMoney / EmoProfits etc to isPrime now.[/QUOTE]

You have to contact them in order to set up an email or FTP account? I’d much rather do that kind of thing myself. That certainly would slow things down. I’ve heard good things about NatNet but contacting them every time you want something set up must be pretty time consuming. Does this go for databases and software installations as well? I do all that stuff myself.

correct.

No problems here. Sometimes it takes a little longer when they are slammed but it’s still much better then any other host I’ve worked with.

You have to contact them in order to set up an email or FTP account?

I agree it would be better to have the option to do these things yourself. Having said that, I don’t really miss doing these things when I used to have to at my old host (unless I wanted to wait 3 hours or longer for them to do it).

To each their own as they say. Personally, when I want those things done I do them myself so they’re done right away. That’s just me though.

Sorry I threw the thread off topic. I was just curious. Thanks.

I don’t know about others but we can create databases and email addresses ourselves.

Jimmy

[QUOTE=Nicedreams;122138]I don’t know about others but we can create databases and email addresses ourselves.

Jimmy[/QUOTE]

You must have a non-managed plan with them. I was not able to create databases or email address or ftp access etc. I asked for that cPanel access and was told that if I got it I would no longer have a managed dedicated server but a self-managed one. Natnet specializes in fully managed servers. They do that very well but for those who want more hands on access they might not be the best choice for hosting.

I wanted to learn more of the technical aspects of the business so ultimately I left them for another hosting provider who gave me managed hosting but with enough access to do things myself that I can learn how to add and modify domains, databases via cPanel.

On the topic of response time, I never noticed any decline while I was using them which I was doing up until just the past month.

No, we have fully managed servers with them. Don’t have cpanel.

You can create email addresses in the mynatnet support page. Right under resources, mail admin.

Databases are done through phpmyadmin.

Jimmy

They were fast and fantastic with my recent virus issues.

I think its the size of which we are talking about. I had a personal server, which i dropped them. It took them 36 hours to install a tube script, after they told me they were ‘working on it’ 15 hours later the .tar.gz had not even been un-packed.

With Stunner, We had issues which were not nessesarily the reason we moved, but ranged from an hour for an email address, to FTP’s taking 3 hours. (all factual) - i was glad when we moved to ISPrime. - but our scale was huge.

Always been fast and I’d rather hey do all that email setting up and stuff for me, saves me messing it up.
I send in a request and then refresh or check mail every couple of minutes and have always found an update waiting.
Thumbs up!

[QUOTE=Nicedreams;122041]We’ve noticed this too. Its not terrible but slower than they used to be in years past. Still A+ service.

Jimmy[/QUOTE]

It is a little slower, but like Jimmy said still A+ service. I mostly noticed the change after Tomas left a couple years ago… ah I miss him :slight_smile:

I had a long talk with Bill about this some months back. The reality is, they are in the same place everyone else is, having had a lot of adult clients disappear or otherwise downsize. And they’ve also faced price competition from other hosts that are starving and offering obscenely cheap but unsustainable prices. So they’ve trimmed expenses a bit.

But what we’ve always done is, put a note on the ticket as to the urgency. A lot of the things we ask for are very low priority and we put “This isn’t important, get to it when you’re not busy.” And if it’s something I’m waiting on for some reason… I note that as well and generally it’s done pretty close to instantly. If it’s really, really urgent, I call and they do it on the spot.

Also, I’ve found that if you make requests at night, unless they’re having an unusual problem, the response is generally much faster, on average, than during the day, so that’s when we do a lot of our maintenance and other stuff.

We were among the many who were really concerned about giving up admin access to create emails and the like. Truth is… it hasn’t ever been a problem. I wouldn’t trade the quality of the support we get, and the depth of what they do for us – I don’t think they’ve ever said no to any request, no matter how outlandish – for anything. And Bill is very responsive if there’s ever an issue, but frankly, in our 5+ years with them, that’s happened less than a handful of times.

Great idea.

Problem is, the nighttime guys, on average, aren’t as good as the daytime guys. But I can see that working for stuff that’s pretty routine.