Natnet blackout??

Re: Natnet blackout??

My blogs seem to be popping back up now.

They are back up!

I would like to thank National Net for their speedy resolution of this rare event.

Lee

Whew… My blog is back online too :slight_smile:

Can you tell me where I was advertising “my hosting” in this thread? I don’t see any advertisements.

[QUOTE=gaydemon;118185]He is a moderator because he is someone I trust and respect. Telling you to stop advertising your hosting isn’t being rude, it’s to the point and accurate. You’re pushing your hosting service again and it’s not relevant to this thread, not the first, second or third time you mentioned it.

lets stick to the subject please.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BradBreakfast;118177]I offer everybody hosting and everybody wants to go where everybody else does… don’t put all your eggs in one basket or in one provider. I specialize in secure hosting, but not everybody understands the importance of that.

IntenseCash and their sites being down means they, and also their affiliates are going to lose a lot of money. It’s not their fault, but I’m just saying.[/QUOTE]

… see that your hosting advertised a 4th time. Lets move on please.

If people want to host with you I’m sure they will contact you.

Most relevant information can be found at their Facebook page … http://www.facebook.com/pages/NationalNet/383512747744

Apperently they have located the problem and are now fixing it, should be fixed within the hour :slight_smile:

Looks like I’m down again. Good thing I have contract work to do.

This afternoon I noticed StatsRemote stopped working… I tried restarting it but it wouldn’t restart… I was like WTF so I restarted my computer thinking something must be wrong there… Full restart still can’t get StatsRemote started. I then went to their website and low and behold it isn’t loading…

I’m wondering if their site is affected by this outage as well…

I’m guessing for StatsRemote to start it logs into their server first to make sure it has been paid for and if it can’t connect it just closes?

I can see the process start in my process list when I execute it but then it just dies out after a few seconds.

Sincerely,
Kevin.

Excuse me, but I never “advertised my hosting” in this thread. Your assuming and that’s flat-out rude. I only was stating that my personal services are up and running. When I was saying “I offer everybody hosting” I meant that as in past tense. Due to a few recent projects my servers are to capacity, thus why I removed the hosting ad in my signature like two weeks ago.

[QUOTE=gaydemon;118195]… see that your hosting advertised a 4th time. Lets move on please.

If people want to host with you I’m sure they will contact you.[/QUOTE]

Brad, I think everyone knows you offer hosting. We also know you’re constantly attempting to make affiliate commissions on your often mentioned new service/product discoveries. I personally have no problem with you mentioning your hosting once in a while (why not put it in your sig?), or even you making commissions on legit, useful services. But it sometimes comes across as a bit spammy, especially in this thread.

Anyway, we’re still down too. Getting a 502 Bad Gateway error. This gives me an excuse to flip on my DVR & watch today’s stage of the Tour de France. Yea for that I suppose.

Geez, I never knew so many of my affiliates were hosted with Natnet. Looks like half of my sponsor links aren’t working today due to this issue.

You couldn’t have been any less transparent. As soon as it was announced that NatNet was down, you posted to talk about how your wonderful data center was still up, and made various veiled remarks about how everyone hosts with NatNet, but if they’d hosted with you, they wouldn’t be having downtime, and how you use BGP (so does NatNet, btw).

We’ve been with NatNet for close to 7 years. We were with about a dozen providers in the 5 years prior to that, always leaving because of service issues. And we always had redundancy of providers. But we decided after several years with NatNet that this was unnecessary, and even today, I stand by that decision. I have never once seriously considered leaving NatNet, and it is the first time in the 7 years our servers have had any noticeable downtime. I wouldn’t dream of leaving them, because I know that whatever occurred, they were on it instantly and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

One thing is absolutely certain though: You would never see NatNet (or Mojohost, or any of the other highly acclaimed hosts) posting in a thread discussing downtime of a widely-used and respected host, shilling (directly or with the thinnest veil of common interest) to try and get customers. And your shilling has accomplished at least one thing: The last host I’d want to go to is one that’s trying to take advantage of another host’s misfortune and clogging up a thread where people are concerned about a specific network issue.

My guess is you’ve done a wonderful job of ensuring that your company is completely off the list of consideration for many people who are reading this thread.

No what you are doing is taking my comments and spinning them as something they are not. What I was saying is everybody going with the same host is not a good idea. I never said anything bad about National Net nor did I make offer of, advertise or shill any “hosting services”.

[QUOTE=gaybucks_chip;118205]You couldn’t have been any less transparent. As soon as it was announced that NatNet was down, you posted to talk about how your wonderful data center was still up, and made various veiled remarks about how everyone hosts with NatNet, but if they’d hosted with you, they wouldn’t be having downtime, and how you use BGP (so does NatNet, btw).

We’ve been with NatNet for close to 7 years. We were with about a dozen providers in the 5 years prior to that, always leaving because of service issues. And we always had redundancy of providers. But we decided after several years with NatNet that this was unnecessary, and even today, I stand by that decision. I have never once seriously considered leaving NatNet, and it is the first time in the 7 years our servers have had any noticeable downtime. I wouldn’t dream of leaving them, because I know that whatever occurred, they were on it instantly and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

One thing is absolutely certain though: You would never see NatNet (or Mojohost, or any of the other highly acclaimed hosts) posting in a thread discussing downtime of a widely-used and respected host, shilling (directly or with the thinnest veil of common interest) to try and get customers. And your shilling has accomplished at least one thing: The last host I’d want to go to is one that’s trying to take advantage of another host’s misfortune and clogging up a thread where people are concerned about a specific network issue.

My guess is you’ve done a wonderful job of ensuring that your company is completely off the list of consideration for many people who are reading this thread.[/QUOTE]

You’ve had the board owner and one of the mods tell you there’s a problem, and instead of apologizing, you just dig your heels in.

Keep it up. You’re digging your hole deeper.

Geez Brad, get a grip. Your words: “I Offer” sure doesn’t sound like past tense to me, or anyone else I suspect. “I Specialize In” also seems to be current, not in any past tense.

I offer everybody hosting and everybody wants to go where everybody else does… don’t put all your eggs in one basket or in one provider. I specialize in secure hosting, but not everybody understands the importance of that

That entire sentence is self promotion, now please, give it a rest and move on.

Dude… Drop it. To me it seemed like you were repeatedly pushing your services. I think Michael telling you to stop was completely appropriate.

Well, my sites are back, but we’ll see how long that lasts…

Total downtime so far is 4 hours. I actually had to go check that - it seemed unbelievable…

We’ve been back a couple of times for a few minutes but are still currently down.

My sites are still down. Just so everyone is in the know, Natnet also acts as a tier 1 provider. From my understanding, this means a person doesn’t necessarily have to be hosted by them to be affected by their downtime. I’m with Certified Hosting, not with Natnet and can’t see my sites or even the Certified site itself. From what a tech told me, Certified servers have to go through Natnet in some form or another along the line.

Stats Remote won’t load for me either. Arggh. I sure hope this day gets better.

Any news on what’s actually wrong at NatNet? Must be big if it’s down for that long.