more than one category for a post

I read on GD somewhere a while ago to put a post under only one category because? duplicate pages, I don’t know what it was but it was a search engine no no as usual. Is it OK to have a post listed under two “categories”? Some posts go perfectly in two different categories.

Re: more than one category for a post

I should have read that…
I put posts under as many categories as they fit. Category pages are the most visited part of my blogs after the home page so I like to let the customers see as much as possible in hopes that something will catch their eye and get the juices flowing enough to whip it out and buy.

Would really like to hear what Storyman, Pocoloco, or Bec have to say though.

Maybe I need to change that.
Ggle is my second biggest came from and yah is number 7 so I don’t think it hurts too much but I’d love to get more if possible.

I guess you could say I play it safe. I keep each post to its one category, and use the tags to have the post reachable for different areas, though again, keeping the tags relevent. Like won’t use a tag ‘uncut dick’ if its not,

As to the SEO aspect, in my mind I see it as a duplicate risk, but that is me. Take it for what you will. Like I said, I play it safe.

You can have a post in as many categories as you want… Just as you can tag it with as many tags as you want… Provided you use good, descriptive titles on your categories and tags you won’t have a problem.