Marc Randazza (CF's attorney) may be my hero

Random post, but hey… aren’t we entitled to one or two? Marc was interviewed for a piece on NPR’s “On The Media” which aired over the weekend and I just had to share. It’s about a site called “Is Anybody Down” and I was thoroughly impressed by what he said and what he’s doing. Personally, I’ve thought Marc was kind of a bad-ass since I met him, but this just adds to my admiration of his bad-assness.

http://www.onthemedia.org/2012/nov/16/is-anybody-down/

Re: Marc Randazza (CF’s attorney) may be my hero

I’ll have to join you in that! Very interesting actually and well worth a listen. Seems to me that Marc a modern day detective, one of the good guys out to nail the baddies. Didn’t really know anything about him before other than his connection with Corbin Fisher.

While the people behind Is AnyBody Down are crooks, at least you have to appreciate their effort to think outside the box, tricking surfers to pay for legal services… certainly a new one. Maybe a bit too clever for their own good this time though.

Re: Marc Randazza (CF’s attorney) may be my hero

I like what he’s doing here. The idea that these guys think it’s okay to actively attack people and defraud them at the same time is insane to me. This is simply blackmail - they are gathering personal and private information on people and blackmailing them into paying them money to have it removed. This is illegal, and the site should be taken down, and those behind it prosecuted and imprisoned.

I’m actually a little surprised that this is being taken so lightly. If a person sends you a letter telling you that they will make public everything about you and humiliate you unless you send them money to prevent them from doing it, you’d be right to call the cops. Yet these guys can get away with blackmail on an international level? The FBI should be smashing their doors in!