Mainstream Sites & 2257

How do sites like Perez Hilton get away with not posting a 2257 statement when they’re hosting explicit photos?

Example

Is this not in violation of the law?

Re: Mainstream Sites & 2257

I think posting those pics in that manner will have professional consequences for PH.

No age verification attempt at all before exposing a young mainstream audience to that kind of material will most likely cause the MSM to pause before working with PH again, unless times have changed.

I’m somewhat surprised that PH would do this to a fellow family member but it’s entirely possible that this is an attempt by Dustin Lance Black to get publicity. After all he is very cute, has a great body and perfect cock :wink:

It’s possible that he’ll be made an example of for 2257 but I highly doubt it, Hollywood has always seemed immune to 2257 regs.

My suspicion is that if Perez posted pics of a 15 year old Brent Corrigan or something, there’d be a big uproar and he’d get into trouble. With pics of someone who is pretty obviously over 18, I doubt anyone really wants to get their panties in a wad.

Sucks that there isn’t even enforcement but that’s pretty much the way it is.

Couldn’t he use Hollywood’s out and file with the fed government? I may not be remembering this correctly, but if the primary source of income is not from explicit images then someone can file for exemption.

No, that’s completely incorrect.

The only new exemption in the latest revision of 2257 is for nonexplicit images which are simulated sex (since the new regs cover simulated sex, where the old ones did not.) Any producer, not just Hollywood, is entitled to that exemption, but it won’t help with images such as the ones Perez is displaying, since they are clearly sexually explicit images of an actual sexual act.