Let's talk Randy Blue : how are you doing?

Time for another “how are you doing with …” thread.

I was checking my 2011 stats for Randy Blue and I have noticed a huge drop in sales. I had pretty good ratios in the first half of 2011, but since August my ratios have been terrible.

How’s Randy Blue been selling for you lately?

Re: Let’s talk Randy Blue : how are you doing?

nothing!!!
nothing since 1 year!!!

A big drop in Randy Blue sales here so I rarely post their updates now.

Maybe because their contents are everywhere. I always email them regarding their content being stolen or being offered for free download. No action was taken and I never got a reply back. In comparison, everytime I email Chaosmen about the same issue, Bryan gets back to me within minutes!

I wonder if their launch of Randy Blue Live has anything to do with it. On their homepage they’re devoting a lot of space to getting guys to chat for free and buy time. I mean they’re even giving away free minutes. Why buy a membership when you can keep signing up with new email addresses and chat for free?

And as we’ve seen in the web cam chat thread here at Gay Demon, conversions generally suck on live chat programs. It takes a lot of clicks to get a sale.

It’d be interesting if Randy Blue created a chat free tour if conversions would improve.

I’m converting at 1:1153. In my opinion amazing content so I’m not sure why it doesn’t convert better. Only had 10 sales since 4/10/11 and out of those 10 only one has re-billed. In my opinion kind of the same as Bel-Ami. Two great sites with poor conversion ratios. Their conversion ratio for me is 1:2,363. Only difference with Bel-Ami compared to Randy Blue is when someone does join Bel-Ami they tend to rebill many times… I have many more rebills through Bel-Ami.

Sincerely,
Kevin.

Massive drop since earlier this year. Yet I’ve not changed anything about how I promote them:

Feb - 1:482
Mar - 1:584
April - 1:492
May - 1:700
Jun - 1:1054
Jul - 1:1549
Aug - 1:1721
Sep - 1:967
Oct - 1:1431

Sad really, they been selling very well for years. I did contact them and the reply I got was:

“yes we have noticed this too and are working around the clock to get a new site up.”

I can’t see how their old design would suddenly not convert though.

I stopped promoting them also , as you can see why :

Feb - 1:2869
Mar - 1:2182
April - 1:4949
May - 1:3309
Jun - 1:9121
Jul - 1:4278
Aug - 1:11259
Sep - 1:12648
Oct - 1:9391

If a surfer is invited to create a free account and get 85 credits to peek for free, they probably will.

There’s a slider down the right side of the site offering all the guys you can talk to.

When I’m invited to chat with Randy Blue guys live, I click, and I’m presented with a stable of 40 models. Only one guy is online. The other 39 are offline. So now I’m disappointed. They got me all revved up to talk to guys for free and all I get is one guy, and he actually just went on a break as I’m writing this. So now there’s no one.

I’m telling you, this Randy Blue Live thing is what’s sucking up all the traffic and affecting conversion rates.

A blogger got me all excited to see the latest Randy Blue model.
Randy Blue diverted the surfer’s attention with the offer of free chat credits.
The surfer falls for it, goes inside, and finds no one to talk to.
Now the surfer is disappointed.
Kind of like getting to Walmart for that great 2 for 1 deal advertised in the paper only to find out they’re out of stock. Do you stay and shop? Or do you leave pissed off?

Does anyone know when Randy Blue Live launched? It’d be interesting to compare before and after stats.

Since they are working around the clock to get a new site up, they seem to know what’s wrong or what has caused these bad ratios. Michael might be right about the Randy Blue Live thing.

For comparison purpose, here are my own ratios:

Feb - 1:273
Mar - 1:337
Apr - 1:251
May - 1:471
Jun - 1:506
Jul - 1:914
Aug - 1:1115
Sep - 1:1566
Oct - 1:3845

[QUOTE=fozzi;103925]I stopped promoting them also , as you can see why :

Feb - 1:2869
Mar - 1:2182
April - 1:4949
May - 1:3309
Jun - 1:9121
Jul - 1:4278
Aug - 1:11259
Sep - 1:12648
Oct - 1:9391[/QUOTE]
Same ratio here.
Their ratio dropped exact on 1st of June.

[QUOTE=DSWeb;103903]A big drop in Randy Blue sales here so I rarely post their updates now.

Maybe because their contents are everywhere. I always email them regarding their content being stolen or being offered for free download. No action was taken and I never got a reply back. In comparison, everytime I email Chaosmen about the same issue, Bryan gets back to me within minutes![/QUOTE]

Yeah Bryan is great, I work with him as a scout and used to work with RB as well, but from my experience RB is not run well.

Very interesting… I didn’t bother to look at the month by month breakdown but it certainly appears something happened as of June.

April 1:916
May 1:627
June 0:1768
July 1:1115
August 1:2072
September 0:1551

October seems to be much better 1:397

Sincerely,
Kevin.

I must be the only one who hasn’t seen a huge change in sales this year but I agree the new chat option concerns me. As far as I can tell affiliates do not get credit for chat sales.

I think that having an option to chat live with models would actually help conversions, but I think it would work better if they first had to join with a membership rather then letting surfers chat for free on the tour. It would also help with the problem of surfers seeing models often being offline. Having said that, RB has always been pretty trend setting and ahead of the curve in terms of new technologies, and I’m sure they have a reason for what they are doing, so maybe they have something else up their sleeve we don’t know about yet…

RandyBlue has never converted well for me on any of my sites. I don’t know why.

The explanation I’ve had so far from Randy Blue does not explain what several of us have noticed. A sharp decline in ratios starting in June. I do hope they can solve it, they got great site and content, nice guys and reliable. But it’s a worry that they can’t explain such a sudden shift. Must be stressful for them too just seeing sales declining.

In the response I got from Randy Blue, they mention a number of things and one of them is that their site is not compatible with iPads and other mobile devices. While this can be the reason for the drop in sales, it’s not like half of the surfers started to use a mobile device somewhere around June.

They expect to improve ratios with a new site and fresh faces, so let’s hope it does help.

They also recognize that a lot of their videos are available at different illegal share sites, but they haven’t mentioned if they are working on a way to reduce the videos that are being shared.

Sounds like they’re fishing for something to tell you … either they haven’t got a clue or they’re not about to tell you.

Their site is down right now… maybe they are launching the new site

Their site is down right now... maybe they are launching the new site 

Site is coming up for me.