Let's Talk about Muscle

This board has provided with me some wonderful glossary type threads, so I thought I’d ask for advice here. I am looking for the various terms to describe male muscle with. I’ll start with what I know -
Tummy muscles: abs
Arm muscles: biceps
Thigh muscle: hemstrings?

Ok, so much for my anatomy knowledge :smiley: anyone cares to add? synonyms to these or new places to describe in the male physique?

Re: Let’s Talk about Muscle

Abs can also be called a six pack if they’re ripped and look roughly like six cans of beer.

Pecs are a man’s chest muscle, but I’d own use the word if they are somewhat sculpted or chiseled. For instance, I’d never use the word pecs to describe a twink or bear’s chest.

Bubble butt … lots of muscle men have them.

Cheers
Michael

Starting from the top and working the way down the body…

Shoulders - Deltoids, Delts
Arms - Biceps (front), Triceps (back), Forearms (lower)
Underarms - Pits
Chest (upper) - Pectorals, Pecs
Chest (lower) - Abdominals, Abs, “six pack”
Back (upper, by neck) - Trapezius
Back - Lats
Ass - Gutes
Leg (upper front) - Thigh, Quads
Leg (upper back) - Hamstring
Leg (lower back) - Calves (singular - Calf)

names of some bodyparts won’t sell muscle men in paysites. terms like quads and hamstrings (not hemstrings) aren’t selling terms for me - abs and pecs and biceps are.

try terms like big, strong, mighty, massive, huge, muscular, muscled (more a chick term but worth using) to create terms like massive muscular legs or huge muscled arms.

I agree … if Tigermom doesn’t know what a glute is, chances are most surfers won’t either. So I’d keep the technical jargon down.

Beefcake is another one I like, although Jim says it sounds like an old word or something.

Michael

Technical terms

But doesn’t the target market for a muscle site know what a glute is and wouldn’t they search Google for “awesome glutes” or “powerful glutes” or “rock hard glutes”? I agree that you need to use adjectives, but I think the technical terms would be how you separate likely customers who are really looking for the niche from casual browsers. It would be like me not using the term felching since a lot of people don’t know what it is…

Then again, I’m 0:2000+ in my attempts to sell Manifest Men, so what do I know… :rolleyes:

Re: Technical terms

[QUOTE=rawTOP;23837]But doesn’t the target market for a muscle site know what a glute is and wouldn’t they search Google for “awesome glutes” or “powerful glutes” or “rock hard glutes”? I agree that you need to use adjectives, but I think the technical terms would be how you separate likely customers who are really looking for the niche from casual browsers. It would be like me not using the term felching since a lot of people don’t know what it is…

Then again, I’m 0:2000+ in my attempts to sell Manifest Men, so what do I know… :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Well I sort of agree with you, but I like muscle men a lot, and I haven’t a clue about most of the body parts. I have to look them up.

Michael

some of the guys into muscle men do know what glutes are, but that doesn’t mean the term turns them on.

Thanks for all the input! Rawtop, that’s just the list I needed, along with the qualifications added by Basschick. Actually, not promoting actual “muscle sites” for now, but mostly hunks and studs. I won’t be talking about “huge” when referring to their muscles, but more in lines of chiseled and smooth.

BTW, my knowledge of the English language is not an indication of what the average surfer would know. Not a native speaker here, and words that weren’t used in high-school or in English Lit courses in university are usually not part of my vocabulary (well, some have become so after a couple of years of adult webmastering, but don’t assume that they were there to begin with :wink: )

Tigermom, your english seems very good to me - better than some guys who grew up here, actually :slight_smile:

Thank you, that’s very kind of you to say that. I have a degree in English Literature, so in some ways my English is probably “too good” :wink: What I lack is knowledge of everyday terms and figures of speech, mostly.

hey Tigermom - here are some more terms from our sport of bodybuilding

ripped : very muscular

cut : extremely defined

vascular : lots of veins

roid boys : men who use steroids to achieve maximum gains

roid rage : a violent outburst by a steroid using bodybuilder

muscle heads : body builders

pencil necks : non bodybuilders

trunk : the trunk of a well built bodybuilder

guns and big guns : upper arms of a bodybuilder

And dont forget the LOVE MUSCLE (cock):slight_smile:

Spend a few minutes the next time your at a magazine rack or check out some online workout sites like Men’s Health or Men’s Workout. (esp Men’s Workout which actualy advertises gay muscle vids in the back) They will give you all the terminology you need in bold print. IMO those mags write about straight sex simply to sell to guys that like to look at hot guys but don’t want to be gay.

Raw Tops list is a very good start.

And I think your English is fine as well.

Bitch tit ~ The condition that arises in males who have stopped taking steroids. The male body in reaction to the steroids starts producing large amounts of female hormones such as estrogren and progesterone, resulting in the growth of breasts.