Let the OS wars begin!

LIVE: Google I/O Keynote – Here Come The “Chromebooks”

http://www.businessinsider.com/live-google-io-keynote-day-2-2011-5

Re: Let the OS wars begin!

[QUOTE=gumdrop;93887]LIVE: Google I/O Keynote – Here Come The “Chromebooks”

http://www.businessinsider.com/live-google-io-keynote-day-2-2011-5[/QUOTE]

Eh, going from one mega corporation bullshit to another’s is getting weary. They all suck, all are way tooo big and so I am going to back to my old clunker of a typewriter, using a tin can with a string, and dumping all that other unnecessary crap. My new address will be Dogpatch, the CA version lol

Oh boy sure sounds like some Wet Coast talk there…

Wow. Maybe they will sell it right next to all the Google TVs they are selling.

be nice now, or I’ll cut the string from your tin can to mine 666lol

I guess it was only a matter of time before they took cloud computing to its, um, highest level.

//youtu.be/TVqe8ieqz10

Steve

I don’t even know what to think about this book. How the hell would you create a website and put it online? I don’t get it. What am I missing? Is this strictly for browsing? I think I’m a dinosaur. lol

How do you create a website? You’d upload like you always would.

It’s just that instead of having a hard drive, all of your storage would be in the clouds.

Have you taken to using Gmail and/or Google Docs yet?

Steve

[QUOTE=desslock;93990]How do you create a website? You’d upload like you always would.

It’s just that instead of having a hard drive, all of your storage would be in the clouds.

Have you taken to using Gmail and/or Google Docs yet?

Steve[/QUOTE]

Of course I use Gmail. lol But I understand that my messages are hosted with Google in that regard.

Who the hell would trust their website on a ‘cloud’ that belongs to someone else? It could disappear at any time and for any reason. I’m sure it’s much safer the way we have things now. Or again, am I missing something?

The main goal of cloud computing is that you have your content available to you on any machine at any time. Apple’s doing a huge push with cloud computing as well, especially since the new laptops are going to be using the way more expensive hard drives with lower capacities but much higher performance. I think cloud computing has some good uses; but it’s not for everyone and not for every task. I don’t mind having my music and movie library on clouds, but I will pass on most other stuff. Why bother when you can get a 1Tb portable hd for $99?

[QUOTE=desslock;93942]I guess it was only a matter of time before they took cloud computing to its, um, highest level.

//youtu.be/TVqe8ieqz10

Steve[/QUOTE]

Google does about as good a job explaining what this is as they attempted to when they launched GoogleTV. Another dud from Google When will they learn?

Yeah right. Dummies like me have no clue what they’re talking about. I’m serious too. I’m totally out to lunch on this. I guess I’ll have to do some reading up on it. Thanks for the info guys. Sincerely.