Launched MormonGirlz, looking for advice.

A few weeks ago I was looking for the a webmaster forum for producers of content similar to MormonGirlz. Something where producers who shoot original content, and host that content on their own pay site or sites (targeting a straight male audience), could share their experiences. You know, something as awesome as gaydemon for gay male content.

Our business partner for MormonGirlz created an account on GFY, and we both started digging around. I’m pretty new to GFY, but I didn’t fall in love with it immediately like I did with GD. And I felt the same was true with XBIZ. I’m just not finding what I’m looking for. Maybe what I’m looking for is here, despite the fact that the audience/target-customer for MGz is predominantly straight men.

What I’m looking for: I’m trying to figure out where other straight content makers discuss/share/collaborate. MormonGirlz.com is a niche site – I shoot edit and upload new, original content each week to my own site. I have an affiliate program (through CCBill). Right now I’m looking for the best (and most cost effective) ways to get eyeballs on my site. I’m interested in whatever threads exist where webmasters like myself discuss their experiences with each other.

I’m not really interested in having banners on my site, but not opposed to link sharing. I’m trying to find where webmasters like myself are chatting on threads. Threads that can help me as an original content creator. Any suggestions for people who create original straight content?

Re: Launched MormonGirlz, looking for advice.

Well hello there.

You may want to read through this thread about your program - http://www.gaydemon.biz/showthread.php?29317-Mormon-Boyz-Has-Been-Bought-Who-is-MetaVentures&highlight=mormon+boyz

There are some other threads too I believe. I don’t know how much advice you’ll get around here. You may get a lot of questions inquiring about affiliates not receiving rebiills and other issues though. I’ve never promoted mormonboyz personally so it doesn’t concern me. I’m just putting it out there because we see this business here as fair trade. Most of us, anyway.

Furthermore, you do realize this is a gay webmaster board? I don’t know how much advice you’ll get on a site with women on it from this board. There are a few sponsors who own female and straight sites, so perhaps they will help you. But they’re few and far between. Most of the people around here won’t even go to a site with women on it. :wink:

Just a bit of advice from an affiliate’s perspective. Take it or leave it.

All the best with the new site.

Re: Launched MormonGirlz, looking for advice.

GFY’s place in the business seems mostly to be about calling people out and announcing who is the scammer du jour. It’s also the wild west of webmaster boards where people can pretty much say whatever they want, so you may post something and 49 people will pile in with “You’re a big piece of shit.”

I used to frequent a few adult webmaster boards on the straight side, but haven’t for a few years, so I’m unfamiliar with the terrain. However, this link might help you find some boards: Adult Webmaster Forums But I don’t know how many of them are still around or active, you’ll just have to do some poking.

Bec is a moderator here and she’d probably be the best one to help you find current places. She’s always a wealth of tidbits, tools, and info. If she doesn’t post in here by the end of the weekend, try hitting her up in a PM.