Jewish Defense League likens gays to Nazis

[quote]
The Jewish Defense League (JDL) is attempting to organize an April 15 protest at the offices of Pride Toronto. “During the Nazi era, many high ranking Nazis were gay,” the JDL Facebook invitation reads in part. [quote]

http://www.xtra.ca/public/Toronto/Jewish_Defense_League_likens_gays_to_Nazis-10011.aspx

Re: Jewish Defense League likens gays to Nazis

[QUOTE=gumdrop;92242]
The Jewish Defense League (JDL) is attempting to organize an April 15 protest at the offices of Pride Toronto. “During the Nazi era, many high ranking Nazis were gay,” the JDL Facebook invitation reads in part. [/QUOTE]

Another thing to note, is that 95% of the mainstream Jewish religion support Gay Rights, allow for Gays to be married in the Synagogue, and encourage Gay Rabbis.

The JDL is no different than some other religious fanatical group. Ya know like that Christian bible thumping prick from Kansas?

So what’s new?

Did anyone think that jewish religion is more accepting of gays or did I miss that train?

[QUOTE=aniehoff;92246]So what’s new?

Did anyone think that jewish religion is more accepting of gays or did I miss that train?[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck don’t you read the god damn post I put before opening your mouth?

to answer your question Aniehoff, yep you missed that train, oh so many times

I say down with all religion. It isn’t needed in the 21st century. My 2 cents worth.

Someone needs to take JDL members through a holocaust museum and remind them that gay guys used to steal yellow stars off dead Jewish bodies in order to get treated better in the death camps. The pink triangle was the worst thing you could wear back then.

They should also remind them of how the SS (anti-gay) wiped out the SA (which was lead by a gay guy - Ernst Röhm) on the Night of The Long Knives. I’ve read accounts of that night - the SA leaders were meeting for an over-night party. At those parties there was typically a lot of sex (and no women). The SS saw the SA as being weak because of all the gay guys in the SA - so the gay overtones of the SA were one of the reasons why the SA leadership was massacred…

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;92247]Why the fuck don’t you read the god damn post I put before opening your mouth?

to answer your question Aniehoff, yep you missed that train, oh so many times[/QUOTE]

:shocked: Someone call a moderator! … oh, wait… :slight_smile:

Well you have to understand that XTRA! has been stirring this pot for a couple of years. There’s been an ongoing issue for the last two Prides over an Arab group marching with banners about Israeli apartheid. So XTRA, true to its tabloid journalistic format, is just creating headlines and getting everyone fighting about Pride, which is only three months away.

They’re no different than any other media outlet … let’s make news.

As both being Jewish and Gay, this really bothers me. I’ve been blessed by not feeling unexpected by being gay. In fact if it wasn’t for a group of us (gay men) there was an Orthodox synagogue in NY that would not have enough men to make a minyan (the amount of men needed to hold a service) We were very accepted since this is very important as community support for someone who has recently lost a member of their family.

I second that. Religion along with print news is on the brink of extinction.

In my opinion, there are extremists in every religious group. It has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with dictatorial attitude. The ONLY thing all of these extremists have in common is that they believe every other Human should live by their rules, ergo they are no better than the dictators we’ve dealt with on a global scale throughout history.

I am all for the destruction of every organised religion on the planet, simply because they breed arrogance, belief in superiority over others, try to strangulate free will and are generally despicable groups of little dictators. By all means hold personal beliefs when it comes to how YOU want to live your life, but how others choose to live theirs is not the business of any religious group.

And I echo the sentiment of killing off the so-called “news” papers too. They’re nothing but trash mags designed to sell. But then again, what news is there that is not controlled or manipulated to sell something, whether that’s a paper, a product or the government line on the latest scandal?
If people believe the likes of Sky, BBC, ABC, Fox or any other TV news station is not manipulated or packed with propaganda to support one thing or another they’re dumber than the press think they are.

[QUOTE=Gaystoryman;92247]Why the fuck don’t you read the god damn post I put before opening your mouth?

to answer your question Aniehoff, yep you missed that train, oh so many times[/QUOTE]

Now not to stir you pot any further, but I must have missed the cookoo train…

And I have to agree with conran a world would be much better place without any religion!

Youre a moderator and you talk to members like that? That’s not cool. He didn’t do anything wrong, he was just making a normal statement that supports gay people. What’s wrong with that?

Being Jewish, Buddhist and gay all at the same time, I have no respect for these extremists (of any religions). Buddhism has taught me that religion is a deeply personal matter, and views should not be pushed onto others. I was born as ‘Jewish’ and can relate culturally, although I have absolutely nothing in common with the extreme orthodox movement. Most Jewish people are accepting of gays, and in fact Israel was one of the first countries to allow gay marriage. Unfortunately however, religions do breed ignorance and stupidity when used the wrong way, and I think this is a fine example of that.

We’re all allowed to get annoyed now and then. You know he doesn’t mean anything by it and that he always is the first to try and resolve issues here.

To add to the discussion though.

It does always surprise me that people don’t learn from history. Sure these guys are extremist, but you would have thought belonging to a people who’s been victims and prosecuted throughout history for being different, you would have been a bit more open minded to others in the same situation. But religion always does fuck you up.

Like Danny mentioned, mainstream Israelis are very accepting. When I worked in Israel and went out to Gay Clubs, bars and cafes I never encountered anything. The worst people in Israel was the Orthodox Jews who were not born there and had moved from the US.

extremists aren’t really part of any religion - they tend to ignore the religious and social beliefs of the very religions they claim to be part of.

[QUOTE=gaydemon;92277][I]
It does always surprise me that people don’t learn from history. Sure these guys are extremist, but you would have thought belonging to a people who’s been victims and prosecuted throughout history for being different, you would have been a bit more open minded to others in the same situation. But religion always does fuck you up.
[/QUOTE]

Extremely true. Perhaps the best example of this in modern times (and it really relates to the discussion too) is the way the Israeli government has treated the people of Gaza.

And just in case anyone jumps in and screams about the random rocket attacks from Gaza into Israel (can you tell I’ve had this discussion before?)… Britain faced bombing from IRA terrorists for decades. If we had responded to them in the way the Israeli government has to the Palestinian people, would that have been acceptable to the global community? I doubt that attacking Dublin with air strikes and white phosphorous would have been viewed as anything close to an acceptable response.

The one thing that fascinates me is that there is absolutely no doubt that Israel are occupying and stealing land from the Palestinians, and Hamas are called terrorists. Yet when German forces were occupying France, the French resistance were (and are) viewed as heroes. Even Britain had a network in place across the country ready to attack, sabotage and kill any German forces if they managed to invade and occupy our country in World War 2. So would they have been heroes or terrorists?

And as I am well versed in the usual responses to this discussion elsewhere (although I don’t think it’ll be the same here), I am referring to the Israeli government and not the Israeli people or the Jewish faith. They are each completely different entities.