Is giving away full length video a new trend to make surfers happy?

Re: Is giving away full length video a new trend to make surfers happy?

The only way that a tube site can truly compete is to offer uploads from surfers. At the end of the day, that is what a surfer that goes to a tube site really wants - user generated content. And yes, even tube sites that offer 10 min user uploaded jerk off videos still make a ton of sales to sponsors.

Here we are with the latest update: url edited by poster request

17 minutes

[QUOTE=abostonboy;43788]I will comment on this one. It really depends on the video. For example, the first 5-8 minutes of every Broke Straight Boys video is the guy setting the stage set for the video. “Will you suck him for $200?”, “Will you fucking him for $500.” What would it take for you to bottom?" Are you afraid that your girlfriend will find out?" etc etc…

Believe it or not, a video with just that and about 20 seconds of showing the guy naked will make a ton of sales. It may clock in at around 4-8 minutes, but it makes more sales than a video edited with 2 minutes of sex.

So, I think a lot depends on the video and what is happening. In Broke Straight Boys case, sometimes setting the stage for what is going to happen and not really show anything makes the sale better than showing some sloppy straight boy sex.[/QUOTE]

BSB is great for that I used to do it all the time when there where gay tubes that took WM uploads and it works great got tons of sales, just show the talking and if they are going to do it then i wouldn’t even show 30 secs of sex and blur it then fade :slight_smile: made people sign up :slight_smile:

[quote=InsaneSimon;43812]Here we are with the latest update: url edited by poster request

17 minutes[/quote]

Oh dear god! It’s a rape scene… DON’T CLICK!

That was really pathetic … who gets turned on by this?!

I thought even pretended rape was illegal? Very unfortunate choice of videos to host.

[quote=InsaneSimon;43812]Here we are with the latest update: url edited by poster request
17 minutes[/quote]

I totally agree with you, it does make a different what type of video it is or what happens. 2 or even 5mins could be too short in SOME circumstances. But not on a majority of videos.

[quote=abostonboy;43788]I will comment on this one. It really depends on the video. For example, the first 5-8 minutes of every Broke Straight Boys video is the guy setting the stage set for the video. “Will you suck him for $200?”, “Will you fucking him for $500.” What would it take for you to bottom?" Are you afraid that your girlfriend will find out?" etc etc…

Believe it or not, a video with just that and about 20 seconds of showing the guy naked will make a ton of sales. It may clock in at around 4-8 minutes, but it makes more sales than a video edited with 2 minutes of sex.

So, I think a lot depends on the video and what is happening. In Broke Straight Boys case, sometimes setting the stage for what is going to happen and not really show anything makes the sale better than showing some sloppy straight boy sex.[/quote]

You’re right, thats the easy way to do it. You just follow the rest. But you don’t have to do that. I certainly do not intend to follow suit and do like everyone else with my little tube.

[quote=milivanili;43795]I agree with everything that has been said, but… how do tube sites compete between themselves?

The only way possible is to offer longer videos than your competitor.

Why would surfer bookmark or even return to your site if you have 2 minute long video of Jake fucking Andrew (for instance), when site “tubexxx” has 12 minute long same video?

Doesn’t that make sense? What would you do, how would you compete to get surfers attention… you’ve got same sites promoting, same videos, similiar layout, same features… except the other site offers three times longer videos than yours.

So who is to blame here?[/quote]

I’ve already seen that the videos that has sold best so far where below 1 min in length.

Its also cheaper to not give away more than 2 mins… so you can save as well as tease by giving less.

OMG! I didn’t check the content, just the length. I feel bad now… plz remove the link if you think it’d be better :bang:

How does he manage to get a condom on in all that tussle? lol

My understanding is that rape is iffy. What I was told was that if you have a full disclosure from the models, shot both before and after the scene, that they are agreeable to everything that’s going on, then you are probably OK.

Of course, with the Extreme Associates decision, that may all be different now. :slight_smile:

I can’t say I’m seeing tons of sales on my tube site yet.

We need to be realistic here. Any site with millions of people will make tons of sales, you could put up a link saying “dont click here” or “please dont buy this” and it would sell as long as you have enough traffic.

The danger is that we start thinking that just because there are loads of sales its successfull. It isnt. If you in the process devalue traffic and ratios plumet across the industry then your actually making things a great deal worse.

Until I see evidence and proper stats I won’t believe everything is just “great” with tubes.

What’s a ton of sales anyway? 20? 100? 800?

My site just works differently, my programs for the most part are happy. Chip is right I only give them a very few big vids, 99% of the site is just teaser clips for the most part.

I work hard to make sale for the programs I work with, and generate money Only from sales too your program. I do not take placement, sell traffic, to try to do anything that should be seen as really ‘shady’

I work or try to work closely with my programs, and always open to lesson to them. Yet I would like to remind you guys in a few months it will now be 2010, I am just trying to create a program with will still stand in 5 years.

[QUOTE=MaxPower;43962]My site just works differently, my affiliates for the most part are happy.
What affiliates? That’s a tube site that promotes other websites. Meaning You are their affiliate!

Chip is right I only give them a very few big vids,
Who is them Max? Thread is about length of videos on your tube site. 99% of the site is just teaser clips for the most part.

I work hard to make sale for the programs I work with, and generate money Only from sales too your program
What exactly does that mean even? You work hard to make a sale to programs that you work with and then generate money only from sales to Chips site?!. I do not take placement, sell traffic, to try to do anything that should be seen as really ‘shady’
Why is selling traffic seen shady?!

I work or try to work closely with my programs, and always open to lesson to them
Are you russian? As far as I remember you are not, so why use east european sentences? Yet I would like to remind you guys in a few months it will now be 2010, I am just trying to create a program with will still stand in 5 years.
What’s 2010 got to do with 5 years? And what does it all have to do with length of videos on your tube site?[/QUOTE]

Isn’t it time you head back to school Max? I’ve been really trying to gasp your threads and comments all way back from Gaywidewebmasters forums (meaning at least 3 years) and in all this time you still haven’t managed to write short sentences that make sense!

Don’t get me wrong I don’t have anything against you, but reading and processing your comments takes so much work! You should try to make more sense. :cool:

I don’t have time to play with you, if you can not understand then…

How?

I’m not sure cause you replaced at least 2 full videos with a couple of 5 minutes clips.

Yes, cause you’ve started adding full vids recently.

Admirable.

I consider posting full videos a shady practice.

You’ve contacted me about 2 years ago. I’ve not yet understood what you said me.

[QUOTE=MaxPower;43962]
Yet I would like to remind you guys in a few months it will now be 2010[/QUOTE]
1st January is my birthday :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=MaxPower;43962]
I am just trying to create a program with will still stand in 5 years.[/QUOTE]
A program? :confused:

You guys are funny :slight_smile:

I finally figured it out… Max is a bot…

Max, on another board you recently said that you’re one of the latest affiliates that is able to make a living and you’ve been living like a rat lately.

It seems you’re more like an entertainer rather than being a sales-person or affiliate.

I am sure there are hundreds of affiliates who still work full-time in this biz and still make a good living or even earn more than a manager or CEO.

You’re trying to create a sales-model that still works in 5 years, but I think you took the wrong turn.

No offense, I am just trying to see what your thoughts are… can you fill me in?

[QUOTE=gaydemon;43952]I can’t say I’m seeing tons of sales on my tube site yet.

We need to be realistic here. Any site with millions of people will make tons of sales, you could put up a link saying “dont click here” or “please dont buy this” and it would sell as long as you have enough traffic.

The danger is that we start thinking that just because there are loads of sales its successfull. It isnt. If you in the process devalue traffic and ratios plumet across the industry then your actually making things a great deal worse.

Until I see evidence and proper stats I won’t believe everything is just “great” with tubes.[/QUOTE]

I am seeing good numbers from those that promote Intense Cash on tube sites. Of course the ones that drive the most sales are the ones with the most traffic. But, the sales are coming from the video pages, and not random banner clicks.

I really feel that a tube site is the ultimate test of the quality of your product. Unlike a review site that “talks” about a member’s area, a tube site actually gives the surfer a real snapshot of the inside; the content. And it doesn’t have to be full length videos to get an idea of the content. But, let’s be real, how many sites can a member preview 20 videos from a paysite until they find one that they really like enough to join?

The market for Tube sites is very competitive now. All I was saying in my original post is that I feel offering true amateur uploads would help a tube site more than full length sponsor videos.