Improving Tube Profitability

Re: Improving Tube Profitability

[QUOTE=Mark Wolff;58988]In many ways we have created a beast that needs to be fed more every day! My common sense would say to limit the number of videos by any one sponsor to say 15 or 20. Otherwise why pay when you can get 20% or 30% of the sites models for free. However what Lloyd says is valid. Having more models and scenes can be what’s needed to sway a surfer into buying. Sometimes it’s just one model that he sees, falls in love with and joins. Hitting with a shotgun approach might do the trick.
Making all the clips under 2 min in length and edited exclusively for tubes. Where it’s lots of tease and maybe the last 25 sec with dick or even nude.If all the tubes only accepted clips like this, i think conversions would go up. Problem is to get this kind of regulation across all the tubes or at least some type of conformity like we have with TGP’s ie a 15 photo set or 45 sec trailer.
Don’t think its going to happen at this stage.[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more! It would benefit both tube owners AND producers / site owners if there was some basic rules everyone followed. Max 2min clips, no cumshots… just rules to leave some out and put up the demand for the full product.

Unfortunately you are right, it won’t happen. Atleast not now. It will be interesting to see if and when tube sites starts to fold under the bandwidth costs.

Or just go to the paysite and buy a membership, no? I can’t understand why a surfer would sooner part with their cash to watch clips when they can part with their cash and get a membership with full-length movies.

They will if they can find a video they like enough to want to go to the paysite and join.

It’s no different than a free site builder really. He creates a free site then brings the surfer into a “hub” where he sees either more sites from that sponsor or from other sponsors. The more he is exposed to the better chance the free site builder will have of getting the surfer’s attention enough to want to go to a paysite and buy a membership.

As an example, we recently started a marketing campaign with Queer Click and what I am finding is that the more posts we have, the better the sales are. Surfers see a post on the front page and then see our other posts. As the posts grow, so do the new sales as the surfer is exposed to more of our content and finds something that triggers him to go and buy.

I always tell free site and AEN builders to build site with 4 galleries (each a different model) and make like 20 sites and link them all together. Pretty soon the free site builder will have a nice little trap exposing the surfer to 80 models from the same site. That is a powerful sales tool as the surfer will most probably find something that will trigger them to go and join the site.

Tube sites are the same way.

I don’t think they would to watch clips.

[QUOTE=Squirt;57686]What if you offered limited tube access to non paying members of your tube site and gave paying members unlimited access for $4.95 a month?

With your connections you could also be the first tube site to offer paying members special trial memberships to paysites.[/QUOTE]

Once you start charging for access you are “selling” the content and open yourself up to a whole new set of legal liability.

some of the longer clips do make me wonder if they don’t seriously hamper signups… this clip I noticed today from lollitop twinks (below)… its pretty action intensive and significantly more than a tease in my mind… I would bookmark the site, but I wouldn’t need to signup.

http://mosestube.com/videos/3248/two-young-gay-guys-get-it-on.html

Some sort of standardisation (ie 2min clips) would be a good idea, but I guess in this current growth stage everyone is trying to out do each other - perhaps when the tube market is more mature and just a few larger players are left, will there be some sort of standardisation.